Shellac Pedi setup question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sighthound

Reaction score
Hi all. I am currently doing quite a lot of Shellac pedicures and am not finding my setup very successful for a lot of clients, so would like to know how you have this setup with having to have the UV lamp easily accessible.

Currently what I have, is myself, sitting on a wee poof and client is in a chair that reclines and their feet are basically on my lap on a tray with towel. This is all good and quite comfortable for the client. It's the UV lamp positioning that is causing problems. The shorter ladies can find it hard to put there foot down to the lamp (as the chair is raised a little bit) and I am having to move it from side to side for each foot. I thought of having a little tray with the UV lamp directly below them, but then there isn't really much room as my legs are closed (to hold their feet), so not much room directly under them - if you know what I mean :)

Oh - I only have one UV lamp too. How do you guys keep the client comfortable whilst performing a Shellac pedi or any pedi that requires a lamp?

I do shellac on the bed. Move the head part upright so your client is sitting comfortable and they just bend their knees whilst you sit at the bottom of the bed doing all the work.

Hi, know what you mean lol. I have an office chair that I put down at lowest setting, client sits on her normal chair and inbetween us I have a lowish padded stool with a towel over (client can comfortably rest her fool flat on the stool). The lamp is under the stool, I ask the client to place her foot in carefully and let me know when she is there and I then operate the buttons as I can see them from my side but can't see her foot, IFYKWIM?

I don't have a beauty bed in my room, so although Emlouise's setup sounds really good, I would not have the room to do that.

Thanks for that reply Buffy...hmmm...maybe I should think about having the clients feet on a stool instead of my lap...that may work a bit better for me. Honestly, I have been trying out all sorts of things and I can't seem to find a nice, comfy way for ladies of different leg lengths etc.

Latest posts

Back