Shellac peeled off after 3 days

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pipster

Reaction score
Hi, a client said her yellow shellac peeled off after 3 days. It went on fine and I've used it on others no problem. She went swimming but I didn't think that would happen. Any thoughts?

Providing your pep and application were thorough then it's unlikely it would have peeled without help! You need to see her nails, give them a quick wipe with Scrubfresh and if there is any sign of damage on the nail plate then chances are it been forcefully peeled off.

Has this happened to the client before with any of the other colours? If so, it's probably something she is doing/ not doing or to do with the condition of her natural nails.

Sometimes shellac and other gels just peel off. Happens to me, happens to some clients. You could spend hours fretting about what you did or what they did but it's easier to just fix the nails and not worry x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks for the replies. It hasn't happened on other colours I've used on her but I've used the same yellow on myself and never hadan issue. I had an issue with Fedora before but I could tell applying it as it went wrinkly under the lamp even with a thin coat so I just threw it out. Nails are tough as you just don't know what the client does when she leaves you.

Latest posts

Back