Shellac peeling off acrylics

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TashTurps

Reaction score
Done a few clients recently and they’ve come back to say the shellac had peeled off theire acrylic nail enhancements. When shellacing I am always taking care and doing a neat job I also ensure that my acrylics are well buffed before painting and I cap the ends of the acrylic to ensure longer durability. I am beginning to think it is because I am capping they are peeling off acrylics or maybe I should scrub fresh instead of wiping nails with non acetone nail varnish remover before painting. Help and advice please would be very much appreciated.

Are you possibly buffing the acrylic too smooth? I was guilty of this and found Polish chippedand peeled away easy as the surface wasn’t rough enough for the shellac to stay put. However I barley buff them now and cap my edges and I’ve had no issues xx

Are you possibly buffing the acrylic too smooth? I was guilty of this and found Polish chippedand peeled away easy as the surface wasn’t rough enough for the shellac to stay put. However I barley buff them now and cap my edges and I’ve had no issues xx
Did you say you cap the free edge? And if I didn’t really buff the nails there could be rough bits, debris. And that wouldn’t be ideal when painting over .

Did you say you cap the free edge? And if I didn’t really buff the nails there could be rough bits, debris. And that wouldn’t be ideal when painting over .

A 180 grit is sufficient when you’re applying shellac/gel polish.

Latest posts

Back