Shellac peeling

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you say peeling... it just looks like a chip?

Any primer will keep gel polish cemented on. If you really wanted to use it i'd use Cnd as it looks more cohesive service wise. But it's not designed for use with gel polish and gluing it on with primer does impede removal.

That sort of chip in that sort of place is usually from prising open, say, a shampoo bottle with that finger - johnsons baby shampoo is a major offender, it's the shape of the lid makes that type hard to open
I use it on my dog and have done this several times, looks just like that chip in your photo
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1458603558.196538.jpg

When you say peeling... it just looks like a chip?

Any primer will keep gel polish cemented on. If you really wanted to use it i'd use Cnd as it looks more cohesive service wise. But it's not designed for use with gel polish and gluing it on with primer does impede removal.

Yes it does here, this is the only picture I have. On other occasions it is peeling.
Would Brisa bond work in the same way?

I have a couple of ladies that the same thing happened and I use IBD powerbond on them and it now doesn't budge at all. It's an easy extra step as it airdries in seconds [emoji3]
Hey, does this change removal? X

Ok well prepare yourselves because I have a mid morning grumble coming :D

I am not endorsing the use of primer. I'm just saying that since all primers will do the same thing - glue on gel polish - it would make marginally more sense to use the same brand as the rest of the service.

However, I wouldn't use primer period. It isn't part of the service and you will end up scraping product off during removal because it won't flake off. IBD primer is not part of a CND shellac service & endorsing its usage isn't my idea of professionalism.

There are frequent threads on here in which everyone puts on their Poirot monocle twiddles their imaginary moustache and tries to deduce how a third party damaged their nails.

Staining, peeling, chipping. Clients get it all and none of it is our fault if you follow the basic service principles. In a salon you don't investigate the causation of every client based chip. Be self assured enough to smile, advise how to avoid in future and close the matter. Polite disengagement. We are not responsible and I think taking ownership by investigating on their behalf sends the wrong message.

Some of our clients have chips at every service. Many have had peeling & have ended up deducing cause - face creams, cleaning product whatever it is. It's their lifestyle and they know it because we tell them. It's not a big deal and it should be made clear there are limitations of a gel polish service.

Enjoy your free time & have a clear conscience.

Grumble over :D

Ok well prepare yourselves because I have a mid morning grumble coming :D

I am not endorsing the use of primer. I'm just saying that since all primers will do the same thing - glue on gel polish - it would make marginally more sense to use the same brand as the rest of the service.

However, I wouldn't use primer period. It isn't part of the service and you will end up scraping product off during removal because it won't flake off. IBD primer is not part of a CND shellac service & endorsing its usage isn't my idea of professionalism.

There are frequent threads on here in which everyone puts on their Poirot monocle twiddles their imaginary moustache and tries to deduce how a third party damaged their

Staining, peeling, chipping. Clients get it all and none of it is our fault if you follow the basic service principles. In a salon you don't investigate the causation of every client based chip. Be self assured enough to smile, advise how to avoid in future and close the matter. Polite disengagement. We are not responsible and I think taking ownership by investigating on their behalf sends the wrong message.

Some of our clients have chips at every service. Many have had peeling & have ended up deducing cause - face creams, cleaning product whatever it is. It's their lifestyle and they know it because we tell them. It's not a big deal and it should be made clear there are limitations of a gel polish service.

Enjoy your free time & have a clear conscience.

Grumble over :D

Latest posts

Back