Shellac pep - too thorough?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sonnythecat

Reaction score
Ok. I love shellac but its taking me too long. Cant do it in under an hour and fifteen, which is not cost effective.

I think im spending way too long on pep. 45 mins on average. I try to get every last scrap of cuticle off, but i just cannot do so in, say, 60 seconds a nail. I am not a slow worker, dont faff, talk to the nail, use cuticle away etc.

Am i just overdoing it? Because in theory, to get every iota off you could go on and on for ages. Is it enough just to get the really obvious loose cuticle off?

Thanks geeks xx

People dont seem to inspect the cuticle that much, if you just push them back and take off the loose bits it should be fine, however, i would suggest giving yourself an hour and half for you shellac treatments, it will take a lot of pressure off of your shoulders :) x

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

People dont seem to inspect the cuticle that much, if you just push them back and take off the loose bits it should be fine, however, i would suggest giving yourself an hour and half for you shellac treatments, it will take a lot of pressure off of your shoulders :) x

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

She's referring to removing the cuticle from the nail plate, which is done before Shellac otherwise it will not adhere to the nail. Proper cuticle removal does need to be done.

I was taking too long with my pep (probably still am!) but it has never taken me 45 minutes. I only use cuticle away when I really need to, i.e. when someone hasn't been to me before and isn't used to having their nails done so there is a lot more to remove, doing a dry pep saves a few minutes I find.

I have started to do a dry pep too unless its a new client and have found this saves a bit of time x

45 minutes on PEP is far too long. Have you had training in Shellac? If not it will certainly be worth it just to cut all this time down.

If your doing clients for the first time, using cuticle away is a really quick way to remove the cuticle. Take a look at Holly's video on this to see it done https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1642915465005

for regulars you see fortnightly make sure your instructing them on their solar oil use and remember there will only be cuticle in the regrowth area so it shouldnt be difficult or time consuming. :hug:

Thank you for your advice. I know. 45 mins is plain embarassing!

I have done the training and watched Holly's video.

Shellac has pulled into the salon a lot of people who used to have only a couple of manicures a year, which is great but i think their cuticles tend to need quite a lot of work. A huge amount of cuticle comes away.

Reshellac clients are quicker - an hour.

I am a fairly quick worker, but quite obsessive about getting things right, so need to make a conscious effort to speed up.

I tell you one thing though - no problems with lifting :lol: xx

Latest posts

Back