Shellac Pricing??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have had Shellac on my toes for 4 weeks and just removed it yesterday (while in the car driving through France on the way home to Spain lol). I buffed it off in a few minutes as there wasn't much left it had grown out so far. Normally after 4 weeks I would expect 10-15 minutes max if using pure acetone.

Funny that Shellac has already become a VERB!! You get Shellac-ed and de-Shellac-ed!! It is a true innovation that is set to improve the salon business for sure. X

Yeh, they should do wee badges like the Minx ones

'Have you been Shellac-ed?' lol

After days of thinking, i have decided im going to charge as follows ...

All prices include File & Shape, Cuticle Work & Removal.
Choice between Colour, French or Clear Polish for a more natural look.

Shellac Fingers ........................ £25.00

Shellac Toes ........................... £25.00

Shellac Fingers & Toes .............. £40.00

Shellac over Acrylic ....please add £10.00

The reason why i have decided to charge the same price for fingers and toes is because they are both the same, same 5 fingers, same cuticle work, same removal. It will be just a basic manicure treatment, taking the same amount of time and the same amount of work. I dont offer pedi's normally in the salon due to not having much room so its basically a tidy of the cuticles & nails and a paint job. The french wont be much different to the colour and the clear wont be either (1 base and 2 top) ... still using about the same amount of product.
In charging a special discount on both treatments, im hoping it will encourage them to have both done, which still wont take much more of my time if i carry out both treatments on the same client, i will do fingers first then straight to the toes using the same tools.
I think this will work for me but would love your thoughts on it?? :D

So how much would you charge if somebody returns with shellac on over acrylic,obviously the shellac will have to be buffed off , and then the acrylic infilled,and shellac reapplied,any idea at the mo ?

So how much would you charge if somebody returns with shellac on over acrylic,obviously the shellac will have to be buffed off , and then the acrylic infilled,and shellac reapplied,any idea at the mo ?

Funny that Shellac is really formulated to be used on natural nails and so many want to use it on enhancements !! Sure you will have to charge for buff off. Personally I'd use a drill if I was using Shellac over enhancements but I wont be. The CND Colour & Effects dry fast enough over enhanced nails, are cheaper to use and come off more easily. I'll save my Shellac for new natural nail clients.

Funny that Shellac is really formulated to be used on natural nails and so many want to use it on enhancements !! Sure you will have to charge for buff off. Personally I'd use a drill if I was using Shellac over enhancements but I wont be. The CND Colour & Effects dry fast enough over enhanced nails, are cheaper to use and come off more easily. I'll save my Shellac for new natural nail clients.
I thought I would ask incase any other clients felt that they still needed the strength of the acrylic,but liked the ability to be have dry nails straight away after polish,I myself removed my acrylics the other day before my Shellac arrived,wore it for 2 days, love it,but I cant get used to the flexability and so Ive removed the Shellac ,put acrylic Poppits on and applied Shellac after..much happier now,Im just concerned regular clients may also feel this way espically if they like their nails long.

I've not really thought too much about that one but was planning on charging another £10 on top of thier infill or backfill price. The £10 is the cost of the shellac, the time to apply and to be buffed off in thier next appointment which should only take minutes. If they don't opt for shellac then i would only be giving them a normal polish which i normally incude for free with their fill, which still takes me time and im not getting any extra for it.
I could afford to use a new file for this also has i normally use the ones from sally's but i think i will save my old/washed/sanitized but dead files to buff off shallac then toss has it would be clogged with polish.

But tbh i dont think any of my acrylic clients will want shellac over their enhancements, why pay an extra £10 for a polish when they can have a normal polish for free?? And it lasts just aswell over acrylics, many a times i've had a acrylic client return 3 weeks later wearing the same polish i applied 3 weeks ago and it still looks good.
I still need to offer this service just incase someone does want to try it but im aiming my shellac service more towards the natural nail client.

I've not really thought too much about that one but was planning on charging another £10 on top of thier infill or backfill price. The £10 is the cost of the shellac, the time to apply and to be buffed off in thier next appointment which should only take minutes. If they don't opt for shellac then i would only be giving them a normal polish which i normally incude for free with their fill, which still takes me time and im not getting any extra for it.
I could afford to use a new file for this also has i normally use the ones from sally's but i think i will save my old/washed/sanitized but dead files to buff off shallac then toss has it would be clogged with polish.

But tbh i dont think any of my acrylic clients will want shellac over their enhancements, why pay an extra £10 for a polish when they can have a normal polish for free?? And it lasts just aswell over acrylics, many a times i've had a acrylic client return 3 weeks later wearing the same polish i applied 3 weeks ago and it still looks good.
I still need to offer this service just incase someone does want to try it but im aiming my shellac service more towards the natural nail client.

Ok thanks ,I understand, probly is just worthwhile keeping my acrylic clients to acrylic, and offering Shellac to natural nail clients as mentioned, Ive a manicure coming up in 3 weeks so that will give me time to get some more colours in and hopefully she will let me Shellac her.:D

I thought it would be best to be able to offer this for my acrylic clients has it would be more ideal to say, if they were going on hols for 2 weeks but worried incase their polish chips and then they have to muck around re polishing (which alot of my clients can't do themselves, thats why they come to me)
It can be aplied to acrylics so i shall offer it but i won't be pushing it has it wont make me allot of profit. Thats why im aiming more for the natural nails clients. :D

I currently charge
£12 for standard manicure
£25 for colour calgel
£30 for french calgel
£10 for removal

so what I was thinking....lol

£20 for shellac colour
£25 for shellac french
£10 for removal
£5 for removal if having reshellac

What do you think guys? was thinking I should maybe put mani price up to £15 too xx

I currently charge
£25 for colour calgel
£30 for french calgel
£10 for removal

£20 for shellac colour
£25 for shellac french
£10 for removal

What do you think guys? was thinking I should maybe put mani price up to £15 too xx

You're not charging enough for Shellac - especially if you have the Calgel prices you have... you need to be right up there with Shellac too.

I currently charge
£25 for colour calgel
£30 for french calgel
£10 for removal

£20 for shellac colour
£25 for shellac french
£10 for removal

I agree with Mrs. Geek.
Why would you charge less for Shellac then Calgel?

well as in other posts it was to be 50% added onto manicure which would be £18, I was initially thinking of having same prices as I did for calgel xx

well as in other posts it was to be 50% added onto manicure which would be £18, I was initially thinking of having same prices as I did for calgel xx

I see.... but I've also read that the suggested price is 50-100% extra ;)

In your case I would make it the same price as Calgel then.

You're not charging enough for Shellac - especially if you have the Calgel prices you have... you need to be right up there with Shellac too.
Mrs geek :D would you say mine was too cheap aswell then? Im going to be charging £25 each fingers or toes, £40 fingers and toes combined? I don't offer any other gel as yet but when i do it will be Brisa Enhancements which should be around the same has my L&P Prices.
I can't see anyone in my very small town wanting to pay anymore than this tbh.

Mrs geek :D would you say mine was too cheap aswell then? Im going to be charging £25 each fingers or toes, £40 fingers and toes combined? I don't offer any other gel as yet but when i do it will be Brisa Enhancements which should be around the same has my L&P Prices.
I can't see anyone in my very small town wanting to pay anymore than this tbh.

I think that's sounds OK but you also have to take into consideration your area. Salisbury is quite an affluent area. You may be able to charge a fiver more??? But be COMFORTABLE too with your prices.

You Have Shellac at your back so you can be super confident with your clients expectations.:hug:

I think that's sounds OK but you also have to take into consideration your area. Salisbury is quite an affluent area. You may be able to charge a fiver more??? But be COMFORTABLE too with your prices.

You Have Shellac at your back so you can be super confident with your clients expectations.:hug:
Thanksyou for your reply Samantha :hug: I suppose i could add an extra fiver on the toes seeing has they do last alot longer than fingernails and it will require more time soaking off if the client wishes to wear them for 4-6 weeks.

Samantha I was going to price according to the 50% on top of mani idea
which would make mine about £25.00 but we charge £35.00 for bio so do you think the shellac should be that price also.

Samantha I was going to price according to the 50% on top of mani idea
which would make mine about £25.00 but we charge £35.00 for bio so do you think the shellac should be that price also.

To my way of thinking Jac, your cost of goods is less than Bio .. the time it takes for the service is less than Bio, and Shellac is a natural nail service that should be done every 2 weeks so I would keep your cost consistent with that and attract NEW clients to your salon who will be a different category of client?? What do you think?

Im thinkin of getting this into my new salon

Ive just bought the full colour and effects in before this was released.

I was thinking i may just start with the french and add colours as i go

Im in a very small no affluent market town and currently charge

£6.50 file and polish
£13.00 creative manicure
£19.50 Creative spa manicure?

What do you think i should change for shellac on top?

do you think

£10 file and polish
Mani inc shellac £19.50
Spa inc shellac £25.00

I have changed mine now. mine will be;

Shellac ................................................ £20.00
(Inc Shape, Cuticle Work & Paint)

ReShellac ............................................. £25.00
(Inc Removal, ReShape, Cuticle Work & RePaint)

Shellac Removal ..................................... £10.00
(Inc ReShape, Cuticle Work & Buff to Shine)

Shellac over Acrylic ................. please add £10.00

Im thinkin of getting this into my new salon

Ive just bought the full colour and effects in before this was released.

I was thinking i may just start with the french and add colours as i go

Im in a very small no affluent market town and currently charge

£6.50 file and polish
£13.00 creative manicure
£19.50 Creative spa manicure?

What do you think i should change for shellac on top?

do you think

£10 file and polish
Mani inc shellac £19.50
Spa inc shellac £25.00
Im not sure really hun, they do sound ok.
I wont be offerering just a file & polish with shellac has i want to do there cuticles with all shellac treatments.

Latest posts

Back