Shellac pricing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a professional Nail Technician i would never charge less than £25 for Shellac or Gelish ...Come on ....Why cut prices for a brilliant product and professional service.

I think if other salons are charging cheap they are not doing themselves any favors besides if your good at what u do and believe in yourself your passion and professionalisum will shine thro , you will build a great clientelle:) People do not always like cheap !

I beleive and trust the products i use and i beleive in myself :)
My skill, time and products i use do reflect my costs but like i believe....
" My services are worth it" ! :)

Also glad I saw this!!! I've just done my shellac training and I don't offer any other nail services (acrylics etc) so was curious as to what people are charging. A gym near me is charging £10!!! How can there be any profit?! If a client just wanted the shellac taken off and not re doing what are people charging for this?? Xx

Hi all

I really dont understand how anyone can be earning much on £8 - £12.50 for shellac. I just wouldnt waste my time. I thought it costs about £8 to do a shellac so how can they make money.

I charge £22 for colour, £24.50 for french and a special deal im doing on the moment is £25 for rockstars. My clients come to me because I am a perfectionist and they love me doing there nails even though I tke longer than some people, some people are slap dash and just throw it on, I take so much care and make sure there nails look great, but thats how I get my clients, mostly through recommendations.

Dont undercut yourself, the products are not cheap so dont sell yourself cheap. X

completely...

I have loyal regular Shellac customers who come in every 2 weeks and I charge £26 inc removal colour or french and £34 for Rockstars, they recommend their friends colleagues and family to me, my clients love the product and the service I provide...plus I've got a nice coffee machine....
Loyalty scheme and from time to time give free nail art etc and offers on Shellac Toes :)

Its time people believed in themselves and the products they provide.

There is a lot of competition in the area at the moment from £5 Acrylics to £15 for hand and feet! well I'm sorry that attracts the wrong type of client and all I can say is they are welcome to them... please stop selling yourselves short:eek:

Good to hear you've got serious prices for serious treatments! And I know it's so hard in Norfolk where some Fenbilly people think they can pay for everything with sugarbeet!

(Allowed to be cheeky. It's my home county!!)

Good to hear you've got serious prices for serious treatments! And I know it's so hard in Norfolk where some Fenbilly people think they can pay for everything with sugarbeet!

(Allowed to be cheeky. It's my home county!!)

ha ha, yes quite right! your not far wrong there, I'm from Leeds, but have lived here a few years, not prepared their games he he:lol:

completely...

I have loyal regular Shellac customers who come in every 2 weeks and I charge £26 inc removal colour or french and £34 for Rockstars, they recommend their friends colleagues and family to me, my clients love the product and the service I provide...plus I've got a nice coffee machine....
Loyalty scheme and from time to time give free nail art etc and offers on Shellac Toes :)

There is a lot of competition in the area at the moment from £5 Acrylics to £15 for hand and feet! well I'm sorry that attracts the wrong type of client and all I can say is they are welcome to them... please stop selling yourselves short:eek:[/QUOT

You are so right....cheap attracts the wrong kinda customer ....Pro's Don't need that ! Well said :)

Im so glad Ive seen this thread. I charge £25 for what I call a standard Shellac and that includes file shape and obviously all pep. I wouldnt offer it without it. I had tho just noticed that a high end salon near me is offering this:

Shellac £25
Shellac Mani £40

So I called them and found that the difference is that the "Shellac only" is just application!

So theyve gone the other way and are charging £40 for what I charge £25 for!!!

Crazy!!!

After reading this thread, I had a cheeky phone-round.

Most places are £25 for shellac, fingers or toes. No one mentioned rockstars at all and one place was £20 for shellac only - please file your nails and see to your cuticles before you arrive (!) - and £46 for a shellac pedicure!

There was one girl who said she did gellux for £15 and that it was exactly the same thing as shellac.

Thankfully, in my area at least, we seem to be giving shellac its full credit :)

completely...

There is a lot of competition in the area at the moment from £5 Acrylics to £15 for hand and feet! well I'm sorry that attracts the wrong type of client and all I can say is they are welcome to them... please stop selling yourselves short:eek:[/QUOT

You are so right....cheap attracts the wrong kinda customer ....Pro's Don't need that ! Well said :)

Thank you I feel it does I'm fed up of looking at all the silly offers out there... it undermines our worth!
I'm a Professional offering a Quality Service from purpose built premises, I've worked hard, invested a lot of my time and finances building my business and will not be doing any treatments for that sort of price.

I had a lady call 2 days ago asking how much I charged for Shellac. She asked if I would match the amount she pays...£10 and drives 30 miles round trip (she apparently lives less than 5 minutes from me), I politely declined. I advised that I offer a Shellac service and all that that, entails. If she needed my services at a future date to please give me a call.

Totally agree. If a therapist provides a professional and dedicated service appreciative clients will keep coming back and they know that you really care about what you do and them

Thank you I feel it does I'm fed up of looking at all the silly offers out there... it undermines our worth!
I'm a Professional offering a Quality Service from purpose built premises, I've worked hard, invested a lot of my time and finances building my business and will not be doing any treatments for that sort of price.

I agree in principle. I too am a qualified and experienced professional offering a quality service.

I have no idea if the scumbags in town are qualified or experienced or indeed using the complete Shellac service (I do) and have had the training (I have) but the fact remains that they can get the Shellac to stay on for 3 weeks, same as me. And they charge £16.

It totally annoys me. But if I hold out for top price I will have nobody. How can you justify to clients why you want £4 more for offering the service at home when the cheaper price is a salon which has all the overheads. If it stays on, it stays on.

So while I'd like to be sitting here saying "yes don't drop your prices, you're worth more", that doesn't pay my bills.

Totally irked about the whole situation but hey, I've a lot more clients since charging less so hey!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back