Shellac problem!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laurajn

Reaction score
Hi Geeks!

Maybe you will be able to help me, I'm new to Shellac and this is really getting me down and knocking my confidence!

Everytime I do my Shellac after I cure I notice tiny air bubbles in the nail (not when doing rockstar just colour)

It's really getting to me because I don't know what I am doing wrong. I am doing all my pre care scrubfresh etc.

I just can't get my head round what could be causing these and it's making me dreading doing shellac :sad:

Please help!

Thank you x

Have you taken a Shellac speific class?

How are you removing the cuticle from the nailplate.

Are you using ScrubFresh?

Are you using the CND UV Lamp to cure Shellac?

I have never seen bubbles in my Shellac application. Answering the first few questions honestly will help us to help you.

Maybe it's not air bubbles. But little bits of cuticle/dust under the colour and making little bumps? Are u making sure ALL cuticle is removed? You can't do these things in a rush or cut corners xx

I have done all the correct training with the lady from CND.

I am using cuticle away and then removing the cuticle.

I then use soapy water to remove any excess and then I scrubfresh and then base coat etc.

I am using the CND lamp.

Its like tiny little almost pin prick air bubble things in my application.

Thank you x

When you shake the bottle do u do it up and down? Maybe that could get little air bubbles in it? But it just sounds like specs of cuticle or nail file dust. Don't be disheartened. We all go through these things at some point. This is why we have our fellow geeks and this amazing website xxx

I have done all the correct training with the lady from CND.

I am using cuticle away and then removing the cuticle.
N
I then use soapy water to remove any excess and then I scrubfresh and then base coat etc.

I am using the CND lamp.

Its like tiny little almost pin prick air bubble things in my application.

Thank you x

Did it happen to you when you applied the product on your class? If so, what have. You changed? Are you using too much ScrubFresh and the nails are not completely dry? Only use a damp pad and scrub thoroughly, getting into those nail grooves and under and along the free edge. Make sure the nails are dry and almost whitish looking and without a trace of oiliness.

It seems to be when I cure it and I can notice it more in the UV lamp. It just looks like completely on the surface like small little air bubbles. I am wondering if it is where I am shaking the nail varnish up and down? But on the course I was taught to shake it to wake it! Lol.

Thanks for all your help just wanna get to the bottom of it now cause its really disheartening me!

It seems to be when I cure it and I can notice it more in the UV lamp. It just looks like completely on the surface like small little air bubbles. I am wondering if it is where I am shaking the nail varnish up and down? But on the course I was taught to shake it to wake it! Lol.

Thanks for all your help just wanna get to the bottom of it now cause its really disheartening me!
when I went on the course we wa taught "shake it to wake it" - I love that saying. But I was taught to hold it by the neck, sort of a right angle to the floor and ceiling, and flick it to the floor and ceiling and back. I don't kno if that's jut me. I think I'm just going back to when I done manicures at college ad they taught me don't shake the bottle. Maybe I'm doing it wrong....? :-s

I will try that now thank you :) ive tried to take a picture but it doesn't show up but basically I have looked under the light and it seems to be the base coat that is causing the bubbles and then the second layer of colour that makes it worse.... Confusing! X

Let kno how u get on chick xxx

Strangely enough I have had the same thing but only with French and on the white tip. I did a friend as my case study for my first ever French and she text to say there were bubbles on two nails next morning, then couple days later they seemed to be even tinier like tiny piece if grit.

Two weeks ago a student did a French on me and the same has happened to me, like tiny grit bits on the I'd nail of white tip. What makes it more confusing is that our cnd educator did a few white tips on me too and I have the same random grit bit on her two nails too!

Yet none of noticed anything odd at the time. Am hoping to pop back in at e weekend to show her and ask about them.

Did u have any luck with your at all??

£Faye£;1621147 said:
Strangely enough I have had the same thing but only with French and on the white tip. I did a friend as my case study for my first ever French and she text to say there were bubbles on two nails next morning, then couple days later they seemed to be even tinier like tiny piece if grit.

Two weeks ago a student did a French on me and the same has happened to me, like tiny grit bits on the I'd nail of white tip. What makes it more confusing is that our cnd educator did a few white tips on me too and I have the same random grit bit on her two nails too!

Yet none of noticed anything odd at the time. Am hoping to pop back in at e weekend to show her and ask about them.

Did u have any luck with your at all??

Exactly this has happened to me with French only. My very first and only French using beau and studio white. Perfect at the time but my friend told me of a tiny bubble appearing the next day in the white tip. It then shrank down to a tiny gritty bit. I don't have this problem with colours. I've also read about it before on here somewhere (again in relation to French). Odd! Hope we can get to the bottom of it. x

I have had this with the silver chrome. Never any other colour

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using SalonGeek

Hi sometimes this happens when u apply the base coat to thick? Try & do it really thin then a thin application of colour then a slightly thicker 2nd coat of Color? Then check for bubbles? I sometimes get it on smile line if I've applied it to quick x

hey hun wat r using to clean the nail plate with scrubfresh before applying base coat? i know you might be thinking really dumb question there but if its cotton pads or cotton based wipes then get rid of them as they will b leaving tiny traces of cotton fibres in the shellac and once cured it looks like tiny wee air bubble switch to the nail finish wipes or lint free pads :)

hey hun wat r using to clean the nail plate with scrubfresh before applying base coat? i know you might be thinking really dumb question there but if its cotton pads or cotton based wipes then get rid of them as they will b leaving tiny traces of cotton fibres in the shellac and once cured it looks like tiny wee air bubble switch to the nail finish wipes or lint free pads :)

Good point here - I've got the same problem as above with tiny "gritty' bits so will switch to lint free pads and keep my fingers crossed!

Latest posts

Back