Shellac problems all of a sudden

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lisamv

Reaction score
Hi
I’ve been doing shellac for years, and all of a sudden I’ve been having clients come back with shellac chipping. A few nails within a week [emoji30] one of them was a new client and another is a regular and never had problems before. How long does the LED Lamp last for? Does it just keep going or does it need replacing ever? I’ve had since it came out about 4 years?

I am just baffled. I haven’t changed anything I’ve been doing before, always pep, scrub fresh etc, my base coat and top coat was running low but I’ve had that before.

I feel like I’m losing the will!

8E380321-EFBB-4436-BA39-CD44F1902E63.png

10,000 hours for your lamp, you’ll need to do some rough calculations, the hot weather could be a factor?

Thank you. Guess that answers that question then!

10,000 hours for your lamp, you’ll need to do some rough calculations, the hot weather could be a factor?

I did think that but I don’t know how to figure out if it is the weather or me! I’ve messaged the lady I reapplied last week to check to see how her nails are.

A really busy nail salon will use 100 hours in 3 months , a busy nail salon will use 100 hours in 6 months, most sole traders will take 6-12 months to use 100 hours so it's highly unlikely that your bulbs have run out :)

Couple of things you could check though are if the bulbs are clean, people hit their hands off them all the time and product lying on the glass of the bulb will stop it working effectively , plug your lamp out, flip it over and check, if not clean with acetone ( the led lamps are acetone resistant so no worries here)

A really busy nail salon will use 100 hours in 3 months , a busy nail salon will use 100 hours in 6 months, most sole traders will take 6-12 months to use 100 hours so it's highly unlikely that your bulbs have run out :)

Couple of things you could check though are if the bulbs are clean, people hit their hands off them all the time and product lying on the glass of the bulb will stop it working effectively , plug your lamp out, flip it over and check, if not clean with acetone ( the led lamps are acetone resistant so no worries here)

Thank you I’ll give it a good clean, I’ve wiped with acetone in the past but always been a bit wary as I didn’t realise they was resistant! I’ll have a good look thank you

Latest posts

Back