Shellac problems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ivozu

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Im a little miffed and in need of some advice. I've been using shellac for nearly a year now.....had no problems what so ever! Until last week! For some reason a couple of my clients have said its chipped from the free edge on just a couple nails. I really don't understand what Im suddenly doing differently although Im obviously doing something!
Anyone got any ideas?
I've thought maybe i might be doing it too thick?!
Or maybe the top coat was too thick? Its a nearly used up bottle and sometimes they get a little gloopy towards the end......
Annoyed :-(
Xx

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

Were they following your aftercare advice and using their solar oil?
Don't panic it might not be your fault! Xx

Well one was a regular customer who would be honest if she did something wrong. The other was a young girl who came in with her mum. She was a nail biter but she'd managed to grow her nails so her mum treated her. She's coming in for me to re do the ones that have chipped but i just thought it was strange how it was 2 in one week!
Xx

If you have been having no problems for the last year and now only a few clients have dips aid they are having chipping the chances are its something they have done and not you :)

Yea i guess so! Neither of them were nasty or annoyed about it but i hate to think i might be doing something. Il just be extra careful next time. Maybe i got to confident ;-)
Xx

Also.....the young girl was 12...... Has anyone done shellac on a 12year old before? Xx

Coincidence??
Have you checked your bulbs do they need turning/changing?
Do the repairs and see how they go, what were her nails like before shellac?x

Also.....the young girl was 12...... Has anyone done shellac on a 12year old before? Xx

Would the 12 yr old have followed your after care??!! :D
I'd say not your fault! Xx

Haha i feel silly now. Her nails were fine except for one which was very short. I did say this one may not last as long.
Do you think her nails may be a little thinner seeing as she's so young?
X

Latest posts

Back