Shellac pros please help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zoeh

Reaction score
Hi
I am currently just Qualified in beauty and have got a job in a salon. The salon does a lot of shellac and I am struggling with doing the treatment, I feel my end result isent perfect which is making me feel pretty upset. I know I am just new to shellac and obviously it takes time to get it to looking perfect but any advise to help me achieve the best look I would be grateful. My application I believe is good but I think my prep is letting the application down. I don't think I am doing the cuticle work right and I struggle with nails that aren't in good condition and also feel my application isent good after I have soaked off shellac and then re applied it. If anybody could give me any tips I would be grateful. Also any tips to get the polish right to the cuticle. Thank you xx

Hiya, I'm not a pro when it comes to shellac but I didn't wanna read and run! Have you trained in shellac? It's quite different to gel polish imo. I've done a gel polish course but if I was to work with shellac I would definitely do the brand training.

Could you discuss this with the salon manager? Maybe she could give you some in house training or put you on a shellac course? It's not fair to throw you in at the deep end without relevant training for the products. I know cnd do cuticle away which might help x

Hello, the training course is really good I like the fingernailfixer on YouTube and also if you look up think it is the 5point application technique really helpful. I'm the other way around I can get my Shellac spot on but struggling with a gel I have bought in the get it as neat as I like! X

Shellacs not for nails in bad condition so don't be too hard on yourself.

CND do shellac videos on YouTube & a written step by step guide on their website, Liverpool lashes does a good YouTube video too.

It's practice.

Shellacs not for nails in bad condition so don't be too hard on yourself.

CND do shellac videos on YouTube & a written step by step guide on their website, Liverpool lashes does a good YouTube video too.

It's practice.
Tha k you

Thank you for reply
I'll have a look on you tube and hopefully with practise I will get better at it. I think it's the whole wanting to be perfect at it and knowing there not is getting me down but it doesn't happen over night So I'll just need to keep practising and watching tutorials x

Hello, the training course is really good I like the fingernailfixer on YouTube and also if you look up think it is the 5point application technique really helpful. I'm the other way around I can get my Shellac spot on but struggling with a gel I have bought in the get it as neat as I like! X
Hiya, I'm not a pro when it comes to shellac but I didn't wanna read and run! Have you trained in shellac? It's quite different to gel polish imo. I've done a gel polish course but if I was to work with shellac I would definitely do the brand training.

Could you discuss this with the salon manager? Maybe she could give you some in house training or put you on a shellac course? It's not fair to throw you in at the deep end without relevant training for the products. I know cnd do cuticle away which might help x
No I haven't been on a proper training course for shellac so I am quite new to the brand but my manager has sat me down a couple of times and talked me through the application etc which has been very helpful but am still struggling with some areas. I have started at the most busiest time of the year for them due to people wanting there nails done for the holidays so I do feel slightly under pressure but I just hope with more practise I will get it right.no I haven't heard of CNN cuticle away before? That sounds like something that could be useful to me so I will definitely ask my manager about it when am next in. Thank you very much for the reply x

Thank you I will have a look at them tutorials on YouTube and hopefully they will give me some good tips on how to do it better.

Latest posts

Back