Shellac re-do nail art

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chloe Bryan

Belle
Reaction score
Hi guys. I'm new to the trade and trained in doing shellac. I did a clients nails last night and she asked for dried flowers, thought I would give it ago. I stuck it to the sticky layer and double top coated it. This afternoon she texted to say she caught it on her trousers and it came off. Im going to 're do them tomorrow. Thinking maybe leaving the flowers and changing it for glitter.
Would i need to remove the whole lot off the nail as it had 2 colour coats and 2 top coats and would need another 2 to cover glitter? Or can I glitter and top coat again( worried about too many layers)
Thanks
X

I’ve used dried flowers, I don’t understand how it’s come off if it was top coated?

If it’s just one or two nails I would probably just re do those nails and offer a glitter nail. If your doing an opaque glitter you could get away with one colour coat, then glitter, then just double top coat the glitter.

I’ve used dried flowers, I don’t understand how it’s come off if it was top coated?

If it’s just one or two nails I would probably just re do those nails and offer a glitter nail. If your doing an opaque glitter you could get away with one colour coat, then glitter, then just double top coat the glitter.

I don't know. I tried to make sure they were pressed down flat but she said she caught it and it came off. It's really knocked my confidence as I think what if something else goes wrong. I'm worried it will happen again. She wants a glitter fade so I will soak off these 2 nails and 're do them completely.

Don’t worry about it, I think clients can be heavy handed and it’s amazing how things just ‘ping off’ lol. When things go wrong it can be a knock, but be confident in your abilities, don’t let a little died flower question that. A glitter fade is a good idea, you could record it on the client card so if she asked for anything similar again you could steer her towards something else x

Where do you buy your dried flowers from x

dried flowers are bulky and it’s quite hard to seal them in at the edges of the nail near the side wall so I think she potentially had lifting there which she then caught :)

I would remove and redo the nails with the dried flowers in them :)

Latest posts

Back