Shellac removal prices, and clients with polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I totally see your point about layers & layers of cheap black polish. For me it depends on the salon enviroment. Now I work from home and don't do back to back appointments I would remove it and have no problem. If I was still in the salon and working with a full column then I would probably ask the client to remove the bulk of it whilst I fetched them a drink and then remove any residue left. The reason I would do this is if I thought it was going to take a long time to remove the polish, I would not want to run late for my next client.

With regards to the client with the pink polish then I would of removed this as normal. Its worth remembering some clients can't remove polish from their toes, due to bad backs etc.

I think Nataliya was using nail enhancements as an example....

As for me, yes, I would think that taking polish off is a part of my services... in fact, I have never even thought about it NOT being a part of my services until now...

It's interesting to see how different each and every one of us value themselves and their businesses..

Thanks Anna, yes enhancements was the example)

removing existing polish IS the part of the service! Regardless if it's applied by us or another therapist.

Back home in fact salons have pricelists that charges separetly for each single action! Removal, base and top coat and even fast drying coat! I was appoled when I saw it!

X

dear Katie

example of enhancements is an example of the similar situation!

In my 10 years in the industry I have seen many clients with layeres of different nail polish colours, and it never crossed my mind to be angry. Regardless of the amount of the polish it is still a part of the treatment either in the salon or mobile or working from home. You should not be angry at the client neither should you be angry at me or anyone else exprecing their opinion here. There are ways to remove nail varnish quickly regardless of the quality of polish and amount of layers there. And I think geeks below alrady shared the techniques. I use Scrubfresh on difficult to remove polish.

You made a thread for a reason to get advice, so there is no need to be angry at the geeks whose opinions you do not necessarily agree with.

We are here to share and learn - not to argue and be angry!

Be well;)

Yes but I was not talking about Enhancments I was talking about a situation I had found myself in lately, so why use that as an EXAMPLE when I was talking about weeks old enamel layerd on the types of clients you know whom dont look after there toes,and EXPECT it to be removed not even an apology and no sorry they dont pay for that, yes I do remove a new/exsisting old clients enamel but it does not mean I dont find it annoying or cheeky, it was one time as I was really pushed for time and fed up(not clients fault I know and you would never know) I asked clients as they say there and waited would they mind removing it for me and they all were happy to do so to make service quicker for them and myself,

I am of the frame of mind that I would not dream of walking into a salon knowing full well I am having minx, shellac, gel applied and not bother to remove my weeks old enamel,,,but hey obviously I am one of the only few whom think this. I was asking how everyone else felt, when I go for my eyelashes, tan I get asked to remove all make up, I wouldnt dream of sitting there and EXPECTING them to start removing it for me, same diffrence is it not???

And I value myself and my business very highly thankyou flower:suprised:

Thanks Anna, yes enhancements was the example)

removing existing polish IS the part of the service! Regardless if it's applied by us or another therapist.

Back home in fact salons have pricelists that charges separetly for each single action! Removal, base and top coat and even fast drying coat! I was appoled when I saw it!

X

Now that is silly:D although I do charge for removal, and I will charge £5 extra for brisa top coat as opposed to buff to high shine as this would not come in the price of service.

Latest posts

Back