Shellac removal - something's changed?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've used the Nourishing remover since it first came out and fell in love with it. A few times I've ran out and used dsolve and noticed a definite difference in timings and how the nails and skin around look white after. However, since the cold weather has kicked in I've noticed a HUGE difference in how it's not quite as easy to remove. A lot of my clients come in with cold hands and we go straight into removal. I noticed just how big of a difference hand temperature makes, when it was practising on my husband at home last night (he's a good egg ;) ) and soaked off with NR after application. As soon as I went to twist and remove the wraps I noticed how warm his fingers were. Well I pulled off the wraps and the shellac just slid off in the wrap, no residue at all! Just to add to this though, he suffers dermatitis and eczema and uses the CND Almond Hydrating lotion a few times a day as he skin cracks when it's dry, so could be a combination of warmth of the fingers and great "aftercare". X

I don't think it's made a difference to cold or warm hands it's still taking too long, & I'm mobile so they are usually already warm as been in their warm home.
My base is always applied thin so I know it's not that either...
My products are never left in the car, as always bring them inside. Noticed a big difference for some time now, unfortunately.
I'm certainly not new to using the product as been Shellacing since it came out, it's nothing like it was?
It's changed somehow? Strange?

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

I had my first problem yesterday and the only variable was that I had used IBX on these nails. Same base coat, same top coat, familiar colour, half-way through a bottle of NR. I had real problems and it took three re-wraps and 25 minutes to get everything off. Is anyone else using IBX?

I had my first problem yesterday and the only variable was that I had used IBX on these nails. Same base coat, same top coat, familiar colour, half-way through a bottle of NR. I had real problems and it took three re-wraps and 25 minutes to get everything off. Is anyone else using IBX?

I took a set of shellac off yesterday for a client who had previously had her first IBX treatment and didn't notice any difference in the removal.

I too was wondering if this was the variable - hence my question back on page 4, asking how long people have been having problems.

I noticed mine took longer to get off on my IBXed nails as a posed to clients who have not had IBX. I've not been using IBX for long enough to have made a thorough evaluation yet.

Karaxxx

I too was wondering if this was the variable - hence my question back on page 4, asking how long people have been having problems.

I noticed mine took longer to get off on my IBXed nails as a posed to clients who have not had IBX. I've not been using IBX for long enough to have made a thorough evaluation yet.

Karaxxx
Thanks, Kara. I'm investigating too.

Karaxxx

I have noticed with IBX under my nails and a couple of clients the CND Shellac seems to really stick to the nail and is very hard to remove with nourishing remover even with warm hands. I might try DSolve next time on my nails to see if it makes a difference. As much as I love IBX it has definitely added to removal times. Has anyone else noticed this problem with IBX? Xx

I've switched to dsolve too, maybe that's why the shellac removal didn't seem any different after IBX?

I have noticed with IBX under my nails and a couple of clients the CND Shellac seems to really stick to the nail and is very hard to remove with nourishing remover even with warm hands. I might try DSolve next time on my nails to see if it makes a difference. As much as I love IBX it has definitely added to removal times. Has anyone else noticed this problem with IBX? Xx

It does make sense that removals may well be harder as IBX seem to make Shellac last longer on nails that had problems lasting! Great that clients will get better wear from the Shellac & will be happier but not a plus for us nail techs removing :-(

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

It does make sense that removals may well be harder as IBX seem to make Shellac last longer on nails that had problems lasting! Great that clients will get better wear from the Shellac & will be happier but not a plus for us nail techs removing :-(

This is true, I get 10 days out of CND Shellac now, before I only got 7 days and that's only after 1 IBX treatment. I've noticed this week although I have wear on my free edge it's not chipped like it normally would. I think I'll try DSolve this time to see if it helps and maybe a wheat bag under my hands :) xx

New to the site, so happy to see this thread, I thought it was just me doing something blonde

I switched back to D-solve, has been coming off like a dream :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I switched back to D-solve, has been coming off like a dream :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

My next order from S2 will include Dsolve!!!

I love how healthy the nails and skin look after the nourishing remover though :(
I'll be sad if I have to switch back.

I my re-shellac on my first IBX lady, I definitely found it harder to remove......

I've gone back to dsolve too but not because of IBX, I don't have many clients that I need IBX for but because I found I was going through the nourishing remover too quickly as I was having to re soak so am trying dsolve again x

I've gone back to dsolve too but not because of IBX, I don't have many clients that I need IBX for but because I found I was going through the nourishing remover too quickly as I was having to re soak so am trying dsolve again x

How are you getting on with Dsolve Souz?

As soon as my big container of NR is used I'm also going back to DSolve. I'll just pop a drop of Solar Oil onto each nail before wrapping, it works like a dream at preventing the tell tale signs of temporary dehydration.

As soon as my big container of NR is used I'm also going back to DSolve. I'll just pop a drop of Solar Oil onto each nail before wrapping, it works like a dream at preventing the tell tale signs of temporary dehydration.

If you do this Nicole, does it effect how quickly the Dsolve penetrates the shellac? Are you coating the whole nails or literally just the cuticle area?

If you do this Nicole, does it effect how quickly the Dsolve penetrates the shellac? Are you coating the whole nails or literally just the cuticle area?

Yes id like to know this also please :) x

I've been having issues with NR removals too and I'm waiting for my bottle to finish before I switch.

What I'd like to know is this...is there any difference between DSolve and regular Acetone? I thought they were the same thing? But DSolve is just S2's brand? Is it better quality than say Sally's or Ellisons own brand?

Latest posts

Back