'Shellac' removal with a hairdryer?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rubytues

Reaction score
Had a client in today saying she'd been to a salon a couple of weeks ago and had a re-shellac
(this isn't CND as I know this salon uses a rip off brand)

When taking it off she said they used cotton wool balls in tin foil, soaked in what she thought was acetone.

Then she used a hairdryer over the foils and in 10 minutes it was off?!

I'm baffled as to what she used. Surly this wasn't acetone?

This is the second client to come from this particular salon and it took 1 hour to remove her fake shellac with D-Solve!
This time I told her to go back to the salon and have them remove it...

Has anyone heard of using a hairdryer?!

Had a client in today saying she'd been to a salon a couple of weeks ago and had a re-shellac
(this isn't CND as I know this salon uses a rip off brand)

When taking it off she said they used cotton wool balls in tin foil, soaked in what she thought was acetone.

Then she used a hairdryer over the foils and in 10 minutes it was off?!

I'm baffled as to what she used. Surly this wasn't acetone?

This is the second client to come from this particular salon and it took 1 hour to remove her fake shellac with D-Solve!
This time I told her to go back to the salon and have them remove it...

Has anyone heard of using a hairdryer?!

What a stupid bloody awful risk to take with a flammable liquid and a naked element in the hair drier. Some people haven't got the brains of a jelly fish!

Obviously trying to heat the acetone so it works quicker ! Fools.

Oh dear. Not an answer to your question but I had a client in yesterday with 'shellac' on her toes or so she thought!
Didn't look like a shellac colour to me plus it took me over an hour soaking and it wasn't budging I had to buff it of in the end x

What a stupid bloody awful risk to take with a flammable liquid and a naked element in the hair drier. Some people haven't got the brains of a jelly fish!

Obviously trying to heat the acetone so it works quicker ! Fools.

It's outrageous!
Its a voucher salon with Groupon and the likes, in the city centre.

Idiots

Oh dear. Not an answer to your question but I had a client in yesterday with 'shellac' on her toes or so she thought!
Didn't look like a shellac colour to me plus it took me over an hour soaking and it wasn't budging I had to buff it of in the end x

I made that mistake the 1st time, but know I don't remove it.

Latest posts

Back