Shellac rings - jewellery!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow -that's beautiful!

What size of cabochon is that one -it is just what I'm looking for

Thank you. 25mm x 18mm, from eBay. I have larger ones, but I prefer this size (or smaller). I also like the round 20mm cabochons too.
I just looked at the ring again, and I had used zillionaire not mother of pearl.

How did u do this please? x

To make this ring I used a One Direction decal which I bought from eBay. I first of all used zillionaire, cured and stuck the decal into the sticky layer then two coats of cream puff finishing it off with top coat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9u2uba6y.jpg

Shellac Pink Bikini with pink glitter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you. 25mm x 18mm, from eBay. I have larger ones, but I prefer this size (or smaller). I also like the round 20mm cabochons too.
I just looked at the ring again, and I had used zillionaire not mother of pearl.

Thank you

I have seriously got the jewellery bug!!!

Sent from my Lenovo B8000-F using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1400676407800.jpg
    1400676407800.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 328
I have seriously got the jewellery bug!!!

Sent from my Lenovo B8000-F using SalonGeek mobile app

I love love love your work. This is what I would like to do! Any chance you could post links or a word I can use to search the style of settings you have for all your pieces? I think the surround is just a nice added detail and finishes it off nicely x

My humble creations!
I'm going to make more this evening... I can sell the mani design if I show the ring!

Attachments

• mani ring 1.jpg
    mani ring 1.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 303
  • mani ring 2.jpg
    mani ring 2.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 299
  • mani ring 3.jpg
    mani ring 3.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 290
I love love love your work. This is what I would like to do! Any chance you could post links or a word I can use to search the style of settings you have for all your pieces? I think the surround is just a nice added detail and finishes it off nicely x

Hi, sorry only just seen this post! Here's the links :)

Bangle setting - Jewellery Design - Blank Setting 18mm x 13mm ~ Silver Plated Double Band Bangle | eBay

Pendant - Antique Silver Heart, Square, Oval, Round Pendant Blanks Setting for Cabochons | eBay

Earrings - SILVER PLATED EARRING MAKING KIT 5 PAIRS BEZEL BLANK CABOCHONS SET 8mm,10mm,12mm | eBay

Rings - Fancy Silver Plated Cabochon ring Blank base for Fimo, Cabs, and resin | eBay

Hope the links work! xx

im loving these but have spent hours looking at blank rings and carbochon and have no idea what size ring to buy to what size carbochon and where to get them from. I know most of you are getting them from ebay but theres so many i dont know how to get the right size stone to what size ring please help im desperate to give these a go.

x:|

im loving these but have spent hours looking at blank rings and carbochon and have no idea what size ring to buy to what size carbochon and where to get them from. I know most of you are getting them from ebay but theres so many i dont know how to get the right size stone to what size ring please help im desperate to give these a go.

x:|

What shape do you want? What size - small, large etc? Great big bead shop online does some nice rings. Bit expensive compared to some of the bases on eBay, but worth it. Whatever ring base you want, look for the same size and shape clear glass cabochon.

For example....

http://shop.thegreatbigbeadshop.co.uk/silver-plated-cut-out-ring-for-18mmx25mm-cabochon-2282-p.asp

That ring above takes an oval 18mmx25mm cabochon so I would look on ebay ... For example...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10x-18x25...Crafts_JewelleryMaking_GL&hash=item3a7896d7ad

Obviously those are examples, and the one size ive used is quite big but i hope this gives you an idea of what to look for? X

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply and give me proper direction.:)

Much appreciated

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply and give me proper direction.:)

Much appreciated

Your welcome. I know it can be a bit overwhelming when you start looking. Just be careful because there are some proper naff ring bases out there, but most are good. Don't forget e6000 glue as well for sticking the cabochons to the ring bases x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Sorry Lady Murasaki, my pc lost all my piccies but I still had a few on my phone. These were all done with Vinylux; either free hand (owl), stamping & or glitter.

Karaxxx

Hi Kara/everybody,
I'm really sorry to jump on the bandwagon, however I absolutely love the idea of doing this and would like to be able to start making some for show I'm doing next week.
I have been trawling round eBay and am really struggling to find cabochons and ring settings in the size above? I really love the small oval shape with lovely filigree settings as opposed to a plain base, can anybody give me a link to their stockist whether it is eBay or elsewhere? I need to have these in and designed by next Wednesday!!
Thanks and love all the work I have seen, so stunning xx

Hi ladies

Iv'e noticed that the ring blanks are coming up that little bit too small, for the majority of ladies that have tried mine on.

I know you can extend them out, but only so much. I could do with the next size up... does anyone have a link to some silver ones please?

Im not referring to the part the cabachon sticks to, im referring to the part of the ring that goes around the finger.

Thanks

Can anyone help? I'm still struggling!

I want to sell these to clients and I know they are cheap but is anyone else finding fingers turning green from the ring bases x:eek:

Hi can someone add me Lisa Cottrell x

Anyone having problems with air bubbles appearing after setting the cabachon's? Appearing say hours later?

What can I do to help avoid this?

Is anyone else still managing to sell these???

Latest posts

Back