Shellac rings - jewellery!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made a few of these last Christmas. Here is one I made for a client to match her ring finger accent nail. It also works with painting on the outside of the glass cab. Here I used Gelish with Nail Gaga Disco Diva glitter.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 946
My 1st attempt using zillionaire and midnight swim. My mum saw it and now wants me to make one to match her dress and nails for a meal out!
6aqasame.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just gorgeous! Could you send me a link to your setting/ring supplier?

I can't find these ones anywhere :( xx

And here is a hair pin I made out of acrylic & shellac x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 883
These all look so so good! Im waiting for my delivery the last week. & the ring part came today, but cant do anything with those!

Can you use gel instead of acrylic? Sorry if this was already asked! Also wondering how much to charge!

Just gorgeous! Could you send me a link to your setting/ring supplier?

I can't find these ones anywhere :( xx

Thank you :)
I got them in Hobbycraft. Cheaper on eBay but I'm going to compare ring quality. This one is really good though

Thank you :)
I got them in Hobbycraft. Cheaper on eBay but I'm going to compare ring quality. This one is really good though

Ooh super! I shall have a little look today... x

Another tip is to work off an empty clear cd case, that way you can slide it in and out of your lamp with ease. You can use tape to secure your stones and you can tape down the backing sheets from your scultlpting forms onto the case to use for sculpting your stone shape onto the backing sheet and it peels off easlily when finished x

I'm still a little confused can someone please write me a quick step by step with shellac on how to make? I'm desperate to learn xx

Step by step for tiger stripe glitter

1 get your stone and turn so flat side is up and blue tac to something so stable and easy to paint and move about.

2. Do your base coat and cure or not depending how you want to do it.

3. Paint your black tiger stripes.. And then I coat with silver VIP thinly or m&r or similar, just to give you sticky layer for glitter... Cure

4 add your glitter, glitter shapes etc , then I coat again with VIP or zillionaire.. Cure

5. Add more glitter and repeat step 4 or add a shellac colour or topcoat and cure... Your choice depending on look you want.

6. Wipe sticky and glue into base blank making sure to uses a good quality craft glue for metal, I use e6000

You have to think of reverse way of doing it, so if you were doing a painted flower on nails to match the ring you'd do the flower first.

This has become an addiction :p just ordered more on eBay since I brought the last of them in my local Hobbycraft! (Sorry peterborough geeks!) brilliant ideas for little Christmas presents for family and friends. Thanks to the geek who thought of these!! X

Not sure if I put this one up, but did this to match nails for my night out on sat

How do you do 3d art if the back is flat?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

How do you do 3d art if the back is flat?

I do the 3d art on the front unless I was embedding it and then I would do it a different way with no cabochon

Last edited:
Just ordered mine yay! Can't wait to have a play around. Bet the eBay sellers are wondering whats going on lol!! X

I ordered mine.. They came yesterday and they r farrrr to small!! I often wonder how I manage to run a business as I have no sense in measurements!!!
Had to go order bigger sizes! 2 lots of different sizes this time to make sure I don't get the wrong ones! Lol.. X

Nicola! Xxx

First attempt thanks everyone for sharing x

Attachments

• 1384613066223.jpg
    1384613066223.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 884
First attempt thanks everyone for sharing x

Did your lady not want her third hand painted? ;)

And here is a hair pin I made out of acrylic & shellac x

This is amazing and so beautiful, please can you tell me how you did it? I'm obsessed with butterflies. Might have to order one from you! Xx

This is amazing and so beautiful, please can you tell me how you did it? I'm obsessed with butterflies. Might have to order one from you! Xx

I didn't make this for sale, but has a gift for a friend. The amount of cnd L&P and hours it took to make I could if done about 3 sets of nails so not profitable to make :)
I used the backing sheet from a form. Traced my butterfly stencil off the net onto it and stuck it down to a cd case and just built it up with L&P and glitter sculpting the shape in with my brush. Then filed the surface over slightly and painted the details with Shellac x

I didn't make this for sale, but has a gift for a friend. The amount of cnd L&P and hours it took to make I could if done about 3 sets of nails so not profitable to make :)
I used the backing sheet from a form. Traced my butterfly stencil off the net onto it and stuck it down to a cd case and just built it up with L&P and glitter sculpting the shape in with my brush. Then filed the surface over slightly and painted the details with Shellac x

Well you have a very lucky friend!
They are beautiful and I might have to have a go. Thanks for sharing xx

Latest posts

Back