Shellac rings - jewellery!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi. I don't know how to send a link but maybe if you search the seller I ordered mine from its decocraftsupplies on ebay. :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I can't search for sellers on my phone :( lol thanks though I'll keep my eyes peeled for their name. Do you have a photo of yours? Xxx

God ive got to avoid this thread. So far I've bought 30 round cabochons with ring blanks/settings, ive bought 20 rings with 10mm pads, 10 18 x 13mm oval cabochons and 10 18 x 25mm oval cabochons plus e6000 glue. Let's hope I can make one nice ring never mind 50! You lot are bad, bad influence. :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I can't search for sellers on my phone :( lol thanks though I'll keep my eyes peeled for their name. Do you have a photo of yours? Xxx

I only have these flat backed ones but have ordered a few of the different ones of setting ones. Hopefully be here tomorrow.;) Here is pic of what I have and the oval ones I think you looking for :)

Attachments

• 1384817733571.jpg
    1384817733571.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 477
  • 1384817751661.jpg
    1384817751661.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 546
Ooooooh I want some! lol

What size are these? What glue did you order?

xxx

These are 18x13mm but are quite small (the size show in previous pics?
I'm definitely buying more but in the larger size next time. However these were good for practicing I suppose. Xx

I love all the variety of colours you have been busy. Are they layers of glitter in these? Or is it silver gold VIP or zillionaire? They are subtly glittery which is lovely x

Thank you. A couple of them were done using regular polish- and for the glitter u used china glaze fairy dust.
The second pic are all shellac.and for the subtly sparkly ones I used a fine glitter dust from Claire's accessories before the shellac colour.
If there is a specific one you like let me know and I'll be able to tell you exactly what I used. Xx

Thank you. A couple of them were done using regular polish- and for the glitter u used china glaze fairy dust.
The second pic are all shellac.and for the subtly sparkly ones I used a fine glitter dust from Claire's accessories before the shellac colour.
If there is a specific one you like let me know and I'll be able to tell you exactly what I used. Xx

Thank you they all look lovely. Lots of really nice colours. I have just placed another order so hopefully do a little more experimenting. Looking forward to wearing them myself. :) x

I only have these flat backed ones but have ordered a few of the different ones of setting ones. Hopefully be here tomorrow.;) Here is pic of what I have and the oval ones I think you looking for :)

Just ordered some of these in the antique bronze as the ones I had ordered in antique bronze are still on their way from china and will be a couple more weeks. Not waiting that long. Far too addicted! X

Wow! I love it! What have you used? Xx

Sent from my HTC One X using SalonGeek mobile app

Acrylic black and gold paint, pink/gold sparkle additives and 3 gelish colours, then 2 coats of white (to keep the colour bright) and then a layer of black to neated it up on the back.

I cocked it up first time so i put it in a bowl of acetone and the layers just sled off and i stared again!

Last edited:
Noooo I must resist.... I need more paying clients before I buy anything else I've just invested in the shellac kit and restocked with s2... I must resist... But they are so pretty :( xx

What does everyone think is a reasonable price to be selling these at? X

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Any ideas on how to display these ladies? Think it's a good idea to have them out on display when doing nails so I can tempt people!!

Any ideas on how to display these ladies? Think it's a good idea to have them out on display when doing nails so I can tempt people!!

You can buy ring displays on eBay x

make sure you wear one when doing treatments you wear one of the rings to show it off.

I'm also interested in how much you are selling them for. Are you pricing them so that the client thinks, 'Oh why not just get one' because they are cheap? So you end up shifting them all. Or are you selling them as a bespoke, made to order gift and therefore pricing accordingly?

Trying to see from a clients perspective I would probably purchase from the camp of, oh it's only a few quid, why not?

Overall, how is the selling going?

Is there any way of removing the design once you've done it? Without ruining the glass stone? I've done one using shellac and it's all been cured but now I don't like it :( I rushed it and it looks messy, don't really wanna throw the stone away though xx

Sent from my HTC One X using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks for this thread. I ordered some ring blanks and cabochons last week and made my first ring yesterday. I love it! :biggrin:

Attachments

• Gelish ring 007.jpg
    Gelish ring 007.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 534
Thanks for this thread. I ordered some ring blanks and cabochons last week and made my first ring yesterday. I love it! :biggrin:

Love it! Love the ring blank too
Where did you get it from? Is than an 18x13mm? Xxx

Love it! Love the ring blank too
Where did you get it from? Is than an 18x13mm? Xxx

I bought it from good old eBay! The seller for the cabochon is 'thecharmsellection' and the size is 14mm x 10mm as I have quite small hands and preferred more dainty jewelry.

CABOCHONS CLEAR, BROACH BACKS items in cabochon store on eBay!

I got the ring blanks from a seller called 'diamonte-designs'

ring blanks | eBay

I bought round and square cabochons and gold ring blanks too, going to have a go at more designs soon!

With these kind of ring backs, is the e6000 glue strong enough to hold the stone on if it was to get knocked? As not the whole back of the stone will be glued on, will it?

that's why I've been look at the ring settings rather than the ring back. But the blanks backs are so much cheaper. Maybe I'll try them first ;) xx

They don't have silver in stock!!! lol

I am having a nightmare with PC's tonight haha

Would someone PLEASE be kind enough to send me a link for a 18x13mm or a 18x25mm SILVER ring setting please? lol. I'm looking for oval shape.

It's driving me potty now. I just want to start and make some haha xxx

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/50-CLEAR-OVAL-CABOCHON-GLASS-DOME-SEALS-18x13mm-/221317568791? I got these ones Hun xx

Also glue here http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/E6000-GLU...TONE-GEM-BLING-/390659758166?var=660162632491

And rings here
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-Silver-tone-adjustable-ring-blanks-bases-8mm-setting-10-/400588566124?

Latest posts

Back