Shellac rings - jewellery!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would really appreciate a reply to this please :biggrin:

You wouldn't buy any of those Cabachons because they won't fit the ring trays you have chosen.
The ring trays say 18x13 oval, so this is the size and shape of cab you will need to search for. Also make sure they are glass and not plastic cabs.

A few months ago, I found this idea of making rings and they have been soooo popular that I have sold at least one to about half of my clientele! They are all ages too... from 20 yrs up to my most mature client in a care home of 88 years young! Once a month I go to her for her mani/pedi and she gets a ring to match. She loves to show it off at dinner with the group as no one else has one much less gets a personal mani/pedi (I am mobile). She has been fantastic advertising for me as well.
I have regular clients so I know what styles and colours they like. I will make up a few rings with different designs to show to them as suggestion for what they might choose for their manicure. The rings are already made and they just choose their design for their nails. I was doing the rings to match the nails on the spot but since I have started doing the rings first, I find it easier to sell the extra design on their nails as an up-charge in addition to the rings! If I do my homework (make the rings in advance), it's a win-win.
I would post pictures but I am at my day job. Perhaps later I will post my "inventory" and my step-by-step method.
Supplies were easy for me to find on ebay as well. Just make sure to get adjustable ring sizes and the GLASS cabochon in the corresponding size.

Hi there, love this idea. Just received my cabs etc so cannot wait to get started. Can you pls add me to the FB group. My name is Sharon Galloway. Thanks x

Hi there, love this idea. Just received my cabs etc so cannot wait to get started. Can you pls add me to the FB group. My name is Sharon Galloway. Thanks x

Have sent you friend request and once you confirm it I will be able to add you to the group :) x

Do you think glass or plastic bases to design on would be best? As I have seen the glass ones as well

Can feel another SG inspired purchase coming on!! Just done a quick search on Ebay and came across this, thought it might be helpful when trying to work out which size to order
HTH xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1399213338588.jpg
    1399213338588.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 386
Can feel another SG inspired purchase coming on!! Just done a quick search on Ebay and came across this, thought it might be helpful when trying to work out which size to order
HTH xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Very useful thank you.

Do you think glass or plastic bases to design on would be best? As I have seen the glass ones as well

I use glass. If you make a mistake you can remove your polish or gel polish (before curing) without discolouring/damaging the cabouchon.
Plastic ones are not as forgiving and are not remover friendly and will go white/cloudy.

I made a few of these just before christmas using regular polish. I was struggling to find stuff to match the dress I wanted to wear so I thought what the heck! I'll make them!

Attachments

• 1229876_10153631660670038_903994331_n.jpg
    1229876_10153631660670038_903994331_n.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 347
  • 1476233_10153631660545038_976284949_n (1).jpg
    1476233_10153631660545038_976284949_n (1).jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 336
Has anyone seen there is people selling shellac rings on eBay ready made? Think I might get some rather then making them myself x

I have made a few of these now using E6000 glue to stick the cabochon to the ring blanks and some have fallen off. Can I ask has anyone else had this happen and also what glue u use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi ladies

Iv'e noticed that the ring blanks are coming up that little bit too small, for the majority of ladies that have tried mine on.

I know you can extend them out, but only so much. I could do with the next size up... does anyone have a link to some silver ones please?

Im not referring to the part the cabachon sticks to, im referring to the part of the ring that goes around the finger.

Thanks

e7y7utyh.jpg

My One Direction Shellac Ring

Hi ladies! The rings are beautiful! Had so much fun playing with mine..just wondering if anyone finds it difficult fitting the cabochon into a ring blank with and edge? I can't seem to get them to sit flat enough? Not sure if it's anything to do with the glue, is there a particular one anyone finds better?

Thanks a million!! :) xx

Can anyone help,with putting foil into a ring with shellac?

Can anyone help,with putting foil into a ring with shellac?

I am afraid I haven't had much luck with foils and cabochons.
I tried gluing the foil directly onto the cabochon, but it wrinkled and looked a mess. I know others had success with this but I didn't :sad:
I then made a decal (slightly smaller than the cabochon surface) onto a nail form. CND Shelac, base coat, cure, colour, cure, foil glue applied foil. Then onto the cabochon I applied a coat of Mother of Pearl, cured, then positioned the decal onto the tacky MOP. Then to the back of the decal I applied top coat x2. Ensuring that I coved the area larger than the decal to help seal it. This method worked (see pic), but it was a lot of faffing about. There may be another method I am not aware of.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 263
I have made a few of these now using E6000 glue to stick the cabochon to the ring blanks and some have fallen off. Can I ask has anyone else had this happen and also what glue u use?

I use this glue and have never had a problem. But I do treat the ring as dress rings only.

I use this glue and have never had a problem. But I do treat the ring as dress rings only.

I am afraid I haven't had much luck with foils and cabochons.
I tried gluing the foil directly onto the cabochon, but it wrinkled and looked a mess. I know others had success with this but I didn't :sad:
I then made a decal (slightly smaller than the cabochon surface) onto a nail form. CND Shelac, base coat, cure, colour, cure, foil glue applied foil. Then onto the cabochon I applied a coat of Mother of Pearl, cured, then positioned the decal onto the tacky MOP. Then to the back of the decal I applied top coat x2. Ensuring that I coved the area larger than the decal to help seal it. This method worked (see pic), but it was a lot of faffing about. There may be another method I am not aware of.

Wow -that's beautiful!

What size of cabochon is that one -it is just what I'm looking for

Latest posts

Back