Shellac soak off and re-apply timings help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im the same, i used to say 40mins, but i dont remember it ever being 40mins, lol
i have raced through it when someone asked me to once as she had an app to go to but i felt like i was ignoring her because she had to basically talk away to herself because i didnt have the co-ordinates to work really fast and come up with some descent input to the conversation at the same time, i didnt want to lose track and miss something out. when your not rushed however, you can easily do both

i always go over my time and because i know this i make sure there is a gap big enough between the next client, lol
my clients seem happy too

as geeg would say, if you allow yourself an hour, you'll take an hour.

if the OP wants to improve on her times, then we should be helping her with that. at the end of the day, it is a business we run.

when im doing a service, i want to be making a dollar a minute. it's not worth my time to fiddle away 60 minutes! yes, clients appreciate a good job, but they also appreciate efficiency and YOUR respect for their time as well.

my suggestion would be to find a friend, set a timer for 45 minutes and reshellac. and if it's taking someone 5 minutes to scrape off shellac after it's been soaked then someone is doing something wrong.

Different people want different things from an appointment, some people see it as a pampering session & don't mind how long it takes, others have busy schedules & want it done asap.
It is good that we all take different times to accommodate the different needs of clients.
We are not in a race with each other.

I personally like being pampered as I do it for everyone else all the time, so as long as the finished result was the same I would go for the tech that look longer in pampering me.

Although that doesn't apply to my dentist!

Took me 3 hours to do a shellac last week.......

(Ok I did have significant smudging problems and am a complete newbie!!)

xx

as geeg would say, if you allow yourself an hour, you'll take an hour.

if the OP wants to improve on her times, then we should be helping her with that. at the end of the day, it is a business we run.

when im doing a service, i want to be making a dollar a minute. it's not worth my time to fiddle away 60 minutes! yes, clients appreciate a good job, but they also appreciate efficiency and YOUR respect for their time as well.

my suggestion would be to find a friend, set a timer for 45 minutes and reshellac. and if it's taking someone 5 minutes to scrape off shellac after it's been soaked then someone is doing something wrong.

I'm not doing 'something wrong' i was trained and know what i am doing :) i was just saying that a soak off isn't 10mins exactly so there's no need to stress if you're over as afterall u need to get the wraps on, off & scrape as well I dont think 5mins is ages to do that.. I find some colours come off easier than others too. I think the op wanted reassurance that she isn't taking a lot longer than everyone else which judging from the replies she isn't??
Some people are more time conscious than others, no one is wrong booking 30mins or 60 we all have different set ups afterall x

what part of NO OFFENCE do some of you not understand...

THERE WAS NO OFFENCE MEANT BOTTOM LINE....as stated...but as usual, on here, everything anyone ever says gets taking out of context if there is a difference of opinion..which why after having been a member on this site since 2004(and ran my own nail bar,with staff, for 5 years)..i dont post often

perhaps i am being TOO HARD ON MYSELF THEN....regarding the shellac

because I PERSONALLY can NOT AFFORD to take an hour doing a RE-SHELLAC...
end of the day yes it is a pampering service but I AM RUNNING A BUSINESS

or perhaps then i need to put my prices up...because i charge £25 for a re-shellac???

I WASNT BEING NASTY....just wondering how it could take an hour to re-shellac???

I also find it rather rude to say the above highlighted line, please don't class me as some of you , I rarely visit the site.... I find it hard to swallow that you would feel that you can write in a rude way and then think that by writing 'no offence' that this cancels it out, because it doesn't imo.

I'm not doing 'something wrong' i was trained and know what i am doing :) i was just saying that a soak off isn't 10mins exactly so there's no need to stress if you're over as afterall u need to get the wraps on, off & scrape as well I dont think 5mins is ages to do that.. I find some colours come off easier than others too. I think the op wanted reassurance that she isn't taking a lot longer than everyone else which judging from the replies she isn't??
Some people are more time conscious than others, no one is wrong booking 30mins or 60 we all have different set ups afterall x

whatever makes you feel better then.

Thanks but I don't need to feel better about anything I do x

I allow an hour. The wraps are on for 10 minutes but they have to be put on and then the shellac taken off. Some colours seem to take longer than others to remove. By the time I've taken the clients money and they've rebooked, the hour is easily up. I'd say allow an hour especially to give you time to tidy up between clients. X

I allow an hour. The wraps are on for 10 minutes but they have to be put on and then the shellac taken off. Some colours seem to take longer than others to remove. By the time I've taken the clients money and they've rebooked, the hour is easily up. I'd say allow an hour especially to give you time to tidy up between clients. X
Same here. :)

Besides, we're not all super fast polishers!

I think that the time one takes is one's own choice. I can take any where from 30 - 45 minutes except for my MS client who will take more than an hour as she is so disabled. I don't mind though as she is a lovely person. I now know how to complete her service in a more professional and faster method and I know that she actually has Shellac on her nails. The first time she came in it took 30 minutes to soak off what ever was on her nails. I had to file the top layer and then put the acetone soaked pads back on. Once it was this mystery product was off I could see the damage on her nails from whomever filed them. Poor thing. :(:( But she was so happy that it had last for four weeks!

Well Louise I am so flipping glad i don't live in the Kent area!! Your post did come over very rude! and i certainly wouldnt like my nails done in your salon is it like McDonalds as in fast food, you offer very fast Shellac!!! I personally take 45 to an hr to do a re-Gelish and my friend who uses Shellac on me and YES does use all the Shellac products, also takes an hr to re-do me and just because its SHELLAC doesn't mean it just falls off perfectly, she has had to leave me for 15-20 mins on some occasions to remove......I think you should choose your words carefully when posting to other girls, confidence can be knocked so easily in this industry......Oh and Hun, just because you have been in this industry for 5yrs and ran a shop does not make you the perfect therapist!!!!!! So to all the girls who dont mind taking an hr then charging 25-30 quid which in my eyes is bloody good money! keep up the good work!! xx

you dont know anything about...my life..my salon etc.....
everyone has a difference of opinion and actually yes i did agree my post came across as blunt..because a lot of it was in caps.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back