Shellac soak offs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisa10

Reaction score
I have just started doing Shellac (been a Bio Sculpture girl for 10years).
I've bought the kit and added the nourishing remover. My Shellac stayed on for 2weeks and could have gone longer but I wanted a change of colour.
I've used the remover and wraps etc followed all the steps from the CND videos on YouTube. But they have still left some gel marks on them. Is this normal for shellac? And if so how do you get it off without having to buff the nail?
Also if I left these bits on and covered it with a dark colour would the shellac bond to it?
Sorry I've just been a bio girl for so long and just getting used to a new product.
Thanks in advance x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1383742937.290774.jpg

Tried to upload a photo hope it works!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1383742912.592996.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1383742912.592996.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 403
Hey. Make sure you're applying your base coat thin. I find giving the nails a good scrub with a plastic backed nail wipe soaked in the nourishing remover gets all the bits left on the nail off.

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

I've been doing Shellac for more than a year now and still have his problem occasionally. I am applying base coat very thin as well as all the colour coats. And after removing there is a residue left on nails which takes quite a time to scrub it off with the remover. Can it be down to some clients not using Solar oil?

It doles make a difference using solar oil... If your clients isn't using it will be harder to remove.

Thank you for replies.
I am using solar oil every day, I'm not usually this good with my nails but because it's a new product for me I was really strict with myself so that I can't blame any faults on not oiling them! If that makes sense!
Is it because they weren't ready to come off? Because I think I could have gone another week they were brilliant!
X

Hey. Make sure you're applying your base coat thin. I find giving the nails a good scrub with a plastic backed nail wipe soaked in the nourishing remover gets all the bits left on the nail off.

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Thank you I will try this next time!

Thank you for replies.
I am using solar oil every day, I'm not usually this good with my nails but because it's a new product for me I was really strict with myself so that I can't blame any faults on not oiling them! If that makes sense!
Is it because they weren't ready to come off? Because I think I could have gone another week they were brilliant!
X

I had a worse case than this when I first started wearing shellac and it wouldn't budge. My nails looked like they were in good condition, however, prior to shellac, I had not done anything to them. The first I used SolarOil was when I started wearing shellac. Evening though I was using it more than morning, noon and night, I think it would have made all the difference had I started using it two weeks before I got shellac applied, which would have given it more time for the accumulative effect to build up. Now, my shellac comes off as it should.

Good luck and keep up the SolarOil, you're worth it ;)

Whenever this happens I just re wrap for another minute or so. Then use a pad soaked in remover to wipe any of the rest off. Xx

Thank you for all the replies. Ill try all the tips on removing my next set in 2weeks :) x

One thing to remember is the time given is a 'minimum' amount of time needed to soak off. Some clients will need longer. But it is still pretty fast compared to a lot of gel polishes and coatings :D

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank you for all the replies. Ill try all the tips on removing my next set in 2weeks :) x

Let us know how you get on next time. I can't work out whether it's not leaving it on for long enough or leaving it on for too long and it goes hard again! Did try the cnd Wraps but don't seen to hold enough acetone, anyone else having this prob?

Oh one more question- are the shellac bottles ok in sunlight? Because I'm trying to figure out where to hang my stand as I have a huge window at the shop front. Thanks

Oh one more question- are the shellac bottles ok in sunlight? Because I'm trying to figure out where to hang my stand as I have a huge window at the shop front. Thanks
I would not keep Shellac in direct sunlight. Neither do I keep it in a dark cupboard. Out of the sun in an ambient temperature.

One more thing- Make sure that your Shellac Remover isn't cold. Acetone doesn't work well when cold or if fingers are cold.

In winter I always heat up the mitts for my customers and the when I wrap their fingers up, switch the mitts off and put their hands in the mitts so the digits are keep nice and warm :) It really helps with shellac removal x

Oh and I also use plastic backed pads & orange wood sticks (only to lift the colour off gently- no scraping!) x

Thank you ladies!

Latest posts

Back