Shellac staining nail!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toodamglam

Reaction score
I removed my clients shellac today to find that one of her nails has stained a orangey peachey colour, it's only on one nail but is really bright and noticeable. She had tutti fruiti on and it was on for just over 2 weeks, I just wondered if anyone else has had this happen??

Thanks

Did you use anything else on the nails, like glitter?

It is possible you didn't cover the nail completely with the base coat and the colour coat may have stained her nail?

Does she smoke?... it's possible the stain was there before the application.

Hi no I didn't use glitter, do you think maybe the base coat was too thin? She doesnt smoke and I can't think of any other reason, this has never happened before :-(

Hi no I didn't use glitter, do you think maybe the base coat was too thin? She doesnt smoke and I can't think of any other reason, this has never happened before :-(

Bit strange that it's only on the one nail... although thinking about it, if you applied the base too thin surely the staining would be on all the nails?

It could have been something that your client did. Remember Shellac is porous, so can stain... it has never happened to me and I'm using Shellac for two years, it's just one of those things and you might never find out why it happened.

Thanks for your replys x it's nice to get other opinions x

Latest posts

Back