Shellac stands already on eBay!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hippy chick

Reaction score
As the title says, these stands are already on ebay! There are genuine therapists waiting for these from Sweet Squared yet some people are out to make money all the time....

When will Sweet Squared do something about this???

Rant over! Just so annoying!:irked:

they should ask ebay for the details of who is selling them, then close there accounts

More fool the idiots buying them! Have you seen the price they are charging !

I noticed 3 on there earlier. I don't use shellac but think its out of order that people are putting them on eBay! x

I noticed 3 on there earlier. I don't use shellac but think its out of order that people are putting them on eBay! x

But why is it? Cnd don't seem to care as they don't do anything about it unlike other brands that get them removed off eBay (just to say that I only buy from suppliers not fleabay)

More fool the idiots buying them! Have you seen the price they are charging !

Yes I know, bidded up to £50 at the minute.

@Floss26 its a condition on the Sweet Squared website that the products shouldnt be sold for profit and if this was found then their accounts would be closed. Its not Ebays prob, understandably, but if shellac and other CND products weren't so easy to but then there wouldnt be this problem... Its quite unfair for the public to gain access to these profssional products when there are therapists that pay thousands to qualify etc.....

In all honesty, I dont think there is anything S2 can do about the people selling trade only products on eBay or other sites.

I have thought about buying some items from eBay, so I can get the seller's return address and name, then passing those details and items on to S2 but I doubt that would stop them, they would find a way around it and carry on regardless.

I asked Sam about this at the London show. she said its CND that would need to put a stop to it. They are distributors for CND, so it is up to the producers I suppose but I won't be selling my stand I love it xxx

In all honesty, I dont think there is anything S2 can do about the people selling trade only products on eBay or other sites.

I have thought about buying some items from eBay, so I can get the seller's return address and name, then passing those details and items on to S2 but I doubt that would stop them, they would find a way around it and carry on regardless.

Great Idea!!!

@Floss26 its a condition on the Sweet Squared website that the products shouldnt be sold for profit and if this was found then their accounts would be closed. Its not Ebays prob, understandably, but if shellac and other CND products weren't so easy to but then there wouldnt be this problem... Its quite unfair for the public to gain access to these profssional products when there are therapists that pay thousands to qualify etc.....

Oh really? Thanks hippy chick, I wasn't aware of that. Massively difficult for S2 or CND to police though unfortunately. But as someone who has just shelled out in excess of £2K to train with CND I totally agree with you about how unfair it is.

This is awful.. On another note when are these available?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I received mine from S2 and I love it, but I will be selling my old one on ebay..... I don't need it. UNless someone wants one?

Its very annoying!

But....what annoyed me even more was when the girl who does my lashes told me when she went to buy her minx she bought some L&P for her friend who is a nail tech but not CND trained - I think we should get some kind of card which shows what we are trained in and only then can we buy that particular product. The girl buying it is only trained in shellac but most of us have to pay thousands for our training! :irked:

I received mine last week and I'm thrilled with it, I am another who has just spent a lot on the CND complete course, but if people are willing to buy for other people then all we can do is work extra hard, make sure we give a top class service with top class legitimate products and keep up with our education and training so when clients of these others realise they aren't very good, they will know where to come for the real deal.

There are other threads on here from people who think they can pick up a product and it will be easy and they don't need proper training...and not just CND...until they have a go with the product they have bought!!

We need to worry about ourselves and learn everything we can so we can be good at what we do. The professionals on here don't worry...or at least they don't seem to...so why should we :hug: xx

Oh...and more fool them, if they trained properly they would have got the rack for a lot less...so who are the mugs?...not us xx

very true Becky :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I received mine last week and I'm thrilled with it, I am another who has just spent a lot on the CND complete course, but if people are willing to buy for other people then all we can do is work extra hard, make sure we give a top class service with top class legitimate products and keep up with our education and training so when clients of these others realise they aren't very good, they will know where to come for the real deal.

There are other threads on here from people who think they can pick up a product and it will be easy and they don't need proper training...and not just CND...until they have a go with the product they have bought!!

We need to worry about ourselves and learn everything we can so we can be good at what we do. The professionals on here don't worry...or at least they don't seem to...so why should we :hug: xx

Oh...and more fool them, if they trained properly they would have got the rack for a lot less...so who are the mugs?...not us xx

On a phone so can't click on the heart so here it is "heart". :)
Vicki xx

Don't S2 become suspicious if someone orders a job lot of them?

Haha I saw that, I bet some poor idiot thinks it comes with all the colours.

Honestly I wouldn't worry about it, just make sure you are buying yours from the correct people and not wasting time and money buying it through eBay. I would imagine that these are the proper cnd racks but before too long there will be fakes on there. I've got a perfect example of it.

A client hadn't bought solar oil from me for a long time so i asked her about it, her reply " oh I bought a big salon sized one on eBay". She then gets it out to show me, tell me how much she paid etc. I'm annoyed but don't let her know this. Anyway at her next appt I'm removing her shellac and her nails are so dry, so i ask her about the solar oil. Is she using it etc. She says yes and shows me the bottle again. Now the bottle looked exactly the same, stuff inside was same colour etc so first time she showed me I didn't really think much about it being fake. I open it up n have a sniff, don't no what on earth the stuff was but it sure as hell wasn't solar oil. She threw it in bin straight away and bought some from me. Lol

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using SalonGeek

Haha I saw that, I bet some poor idiot thinks it comes with all the colours.

Honestly I wouldn't worry about it, just make sure you are buying yours from the correct people and not wasting time and money buying it through eBay. I would imagine that these are the proper cnd racks but before too long there will be fakes on there. I've got a perfect example of it.

A client hadn't bought solar oil from me for a long time so i asked her about it, her reply " oh I bought a big salon sized one on eBay". She then gets it out to show me, tell me how much she paid etc. I'm annoyed but don't let her know this. Anyway at her next appt I'm removing her shellac and her nails are so dry, so i ask her about the solar oil. Is she using it etc. She says yes and shows me the bottle again. Now the bottle looked exactly the same, stuff inside was same colour etc so first time she showed me I didn't really think much about it being fake. I open it up n have a sniff, don't no what on earth the stuff was but it sure as hell wasn't solar oil. She threw it in bin straight away and bought some from me. Lol

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using SalonGeek

Did have a peek on ebay, there is also a set of the 6 shellac colours advertised on this site and some sort of rack that they don't show you. If they were trained they could have had it for a lot less and a brand new rack to put them in...in fact the extra could have gone towards a Shellac course :eek:

You can't stop it, it happens in all industries not just this one.

All you can do is hold your head high and carry on, but this example shows you, you will have the last laugh and it's true what the professionals say...you have to educate your clients, it's just unfortunate that in your case stephiebaby she spent a load on a fake product (ebay isn't much cheaper, if at all)...but you didn't get narky when she showed you her new bottle and you didn't tell her 'I told you so' when it went wrong and you were there to pick up the pieces and show her the way. She will listen when you advise her about products now and will tell her friends about this experience too. So well done xx

Latest posts

Back