Shellac - the new Hoover!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lolla

Reaction score
Getting so many people tell me they've had Shellac before - when they really mean Gelish, IBD Just Gel, Gellux, Geleration or even dodgy Bluesky etc - I find myself using this analogy:

The word Shellac vs any gel polish has become like Hoover vs any vacuum cleaner - as the brand name is so popular, people think everything gel polish related is called Shellac, so when I say no sorry I do Gelish I hear "Yes that's what I mean" -.-

Anyway, just thought I would share with you the analogy I use when explaining Shellac vs gel polishes... Whilst including that it has to be by CND to be real Shellac ;-)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yeah, I just did my cousin's nails today... she'd had a "shellac" on - it wasn't CND Shellac that's for sure. It didn't budge with D.Solve... after 20 mins in the wraps I had to bloody buff it off her nails. Grrr.

I've converted her to having REAL CND shellac on now, she was so impressed with her nails she booked straight in for 2 weeks time!! Made up!

This is one of the reasons I decided to go with CND Shellac as it's the name most people recognise and I only want to offer the best!

Latest posts

Back