Shellac tips needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rima Shah

Reaction score
Pls can I pick ur brains? Firstly, what's the best advice you give people who ask how long shellac lasts? I advise that they should wear gloves when washing up and be careful when doing house work as shellacs duration is around 14 days if you look after ur nails. Do you advise that they should moisturise and add vitamin e oil?

I'm also finding that when my customers nails are drying in the lamp....the sides of the nails are not looking neat and I'm guessing the LED lamp isn't capturing the sides of the nails. Especially the thumb and middle finger. Can you advise?

When telling clients how long Shellac lasts, I advise the it can last up to two weeks. Of course, much depends on the client. I advise using Solar Oil daily and wearing gloves when doing housework, gardening or anything that can negatively impact a manicure.

When you say the sides of the nails are not looking neat, do you have a picture?

With regard to the gel curing in the LED CND light, there are dips in the base plate - the client should have their hand flat and their fingertips in these dips. This ensures correct placement and full curing of the whole nail area.

If you find that the gel has accumulated at one side of a nail then you need to reduce the amount of gel applied in each layer. It needs to be thin coverage for each coat rather than thicker fewer coats.

Thanks everyone for ur help. Here is the pic of my nail. It's not the best as some of the polish has worn off but when I did the polish the side looked like it had worn away. Is this because I didn't polish properly?View attachment 207204

Thanks everyone for ur help. Here is the pic of my nail. It's not the best as some of the polish has worn off but when I did the polish the side looked like it had worn away. Is this because I didn't polish properly?View attachment 207204

Sorry, can’t view this picture! If the polish isn’t looking neat then this is most likely due to application issues. Make sure your basecoat is applied properly all over the nail, use thin colour coats and ensure that your top coat completely covers the colour coats. All coats should be thin and match up with each other

Latest posts

Back