Shellac - too many layers?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PrincessNails

Reaction score
Hi guys. When using Shellac for nail art designs I've been thinking that I might be creating problems (just on colour pops just now so no potential unhappy clients). If for example I was to use Black Pool (2 layers) then a Red Baroness French Tip (2 layers) then top coat...would I be using too many layers and cause a potential lifting problem. From research I can see Shellac tends to wrinkle if applied too thickly but this hasn't happened. Is 4 colour layers too much to expect the Shellac promises of long wear etc?

Hi guys. When using Shellac for nail art designs I've been thinking that I might be creating problems (just on colour pops just now so no potential unhappy clients). If for example I was to use Black Pool (2 layers) then a Red Baroness French Tip (2 layers) then top coat...would I be using too many layers and cause a potential lifting problem. From research I can see Shellac tends to wrinkle if applied too thickly but this hasn't happened. Is 4 colour layers too much to expect the Shellac promises of long wear etc?

It is a potential cause of lifting at the free edge if the product is too thick. I would perhaps do one layer of BP then add a second layer missing out the tip then (surely one layer of Red Barroness is enough) one layer of RB and then top coat.

Thanks for the advice I was thinking similar, I was thinking of using a brush to carve out the tip on the second layer of Black Pool. I really like Red Baroness layered over Black Pool it's a lovely option.

Latest posts

Back