Shellac top sticky layer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nail2nail

Reaction score
This may be a stupid question but why can't scrub fresh be used to remove the inhibition layer when isopropyl is the main ingredient in this?? Should I used scrub fresh in PEP steps then dsperse for removing the inhibition layer?? I'm sure when I had shellac done at the salon she used 1 thing for both of those steps..

Not a stupid question at all, one which is often asked :biggrin:

Scrubfresh does contain IPA but it also contains acetone which as you know will affect the wear of CND Shellac. You do need to use it for PEP as the acetone helps temporarily dehydrate the nail plate.

Hope that helps :hug:

Thats great thanks for that, i think this may be why I have found it starts to wear at the free edge quite quickly after application! If i purchase just pure isopropyl for removing this layer it should keep them lasting longer? xx

you should use dsperse to remove the gel inhibition layer. scrub fresh to dehydrate the nail and dsolve or acetone to remove shellac x

Have you had Shellac training? It will teach you everything you need to know! I had been doing Shellac for a while before my training but still learnt a lot. My application is now better and quicker than before.

Latest posts

Back