Shellac training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elleganze

Reaction score
Hi all,

New to Salon Geek! :D

I am CIBTAC qualified and work in a salon. I am looking to start doing shellac. My manager has said that if I buy the lamp and polishes for shlellac she will train me in-house. She said I don't need to waste the money on getting a course as I am already trained and qualified to carry out nail treatments.

Does anyone know if this is ok or do I need to do the training and get a cert?

Thanks!

Elle

It's always beneficial to get the official training! You can indeed carry out a CND Shellac treatment with a manicure certificate - but I'd recommend that you go on a course with a CND educator to iron out any application/prep issues before introducing it x

Sent from my SM-G850F using SalonGeek mobile app

Definitely get the CND training. It's about £100 which is nothing for the amount of stuff you will learn, even your manager will have picked up habits & different ways of doing things, if you put the foundations in place with the CND course then you can put your own building blocks ontop of that :)

You normally have to be trained in cnd to buy the polishes & lamp (unless buying of amazon) it's defiantly worth doing the course it's not too expensive about £100. :)

You can buy CND Shellac from S2 or Ellisons with a manicure certificate as long as they recognise the training. I trained with CND but this question has been asked a few times. I hope it helps, give them a call if you're unsure x

All you need to do is buy the products from sweet squared or ellisons and you're good to go - as long as you can get insurance.

If you can get insured you don't have to do the training although it will obviously be recommended but it's not a must.

Vic x

Sent from my SM-N910F using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks for all your advice!! :biggrin:

Think I will go with getting the training, seems like the right thing to do in order to get the best technique in applying it.

Thanks again!! :D x

Thanks for all your advice!! :biggrin:

Think I will go with getting the training, seems like the right thing to do in order to get the best technique in applying it.

Thanks again!! :D x

Hello,

We definitely recommend training, it really is not much cost wise and you get a shiny lovely CND certificate. In house training works well for certain things but what you need to ensure is that you are not picking up anyone elses bad habits. By doing the training you get all the info you need on the theory & product knowledge along with proper application & removal, this ensures you come out of the class fully competent in the correct methods...which means a superior service for your clients.

Are you self employed within the salon? Is the salon providing your supplies? If not and you are renting a table etc then you need to be insured yourself, so definitely look into this as well.

Sweet Squared Ireland are the only authorised official CND suppliers & trainers in Ireland so please give us a call on 01-4089191 and we will be delighted to look after you.

Latest posts

Back