Shellac trouble

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DJS17

Reaction score
So I’ve been using shellac on my clients and on one lady it started wrinkling however I felt like it was applied thick. But I’m new to shellac as the salon used to use gelish
Are you supposed to cap every layer?
how many coats do you reccomend?
If any of you are experts in shellac I’d

CND Shellac is 'thin to win' - first coat my look streaky but second will provide full depth and colour
Wrinkling is definitely too thickly applied
No capping
2 coats of top coat work well for me, but you don't have to
Are you using the full system? - base, colour, top and lamp all by CND

CND Shellac is 'thin to win' - first coat my look streaky but second will provide full depth and colour
Wrinkling is definitely too thickly applied
No capping
2 coats of top coat work well for me, but you don't have to
Are you using the full system? - base, colour, top and lamp all by CND
Yes everything is CND. So you don’t cap anything? Not even the base or top coat? Sorry. I’m so confused now, I always thought you had to cap the layers like a normal gel polish.

Yes you seal the free edge with top coat

The CND 5 point polishing method ensures there is little chance of flooding the free edge which contributes to chipping. Thin to win leaves room to seal the free edge with top coat without making the layers thick

Yes you seal the free edge with top coat

The CND 5 point polishing method ensures there is little chance of flooding the free edge which contributes to chipping. Thin to win leaves room to seal the free edge with top coat without making the layers thick

thank you so much, so from what you said or I presume - apply base and x2 colour like a normal polish and cap/seal the top coat?
I've just checked out the 5 point method on a few videos its says seal/cap the colour and on some it doesn't show that

Latest posts

Back