Shellac turned brown on tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronnie1234

Reaction score
ive had pale purple shellac done yesterday, I've had this colour before with no problems. Today though the tips have turned brown? What could it be? What can I do?

Something you've come into contact with like make up, food colouring , fake tan , hair dye

Try wiping them with dsperse x

Only things different I can think I used is a little sun cream in daughter & a different brand of conditioner
I'll try that dsperse

I found rubbing the nail with a pad soaked in baby oil has helped when I accidentally stained them when making a curry! [emoji85]

Great thank you I'll try that first....cheaper than dsperse

Fingers crossed it helps!

ive had pale purple shellac done yesterday, I've had this colour before with no problems. Today though the tips have turned brown? What could it be? What can I do?

We have had a few clients gel polish tips turn a dark color from the dye in the pants they were wearing - from pulling them up and down (from going to the bathroom, putting the pants off and on, pulling at the pants as they sat down at their desk at work, etc.). This we found was usually happening if they wore the pants without washing them first, and the fabric had a heavy dye load still in them.

We have had a few clients gel polish tips turn a dark color from the dye in the pants they were wearing - from pulling them up and down (from going to the bathroom, putting the pants off and on, pulling at the pants as they sat down at their desk at work, etc.). This we found was usually happening if they wore the pants without washing them first, and the fabric had a heavy dye load still in them.

One of my clients works with a fabric that turns her Gellux yellow, it's so weird! She only works with it occasionally so has resorted to putting microporous tape over her nails then peeling it off after!! She sent me this pic!
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1463462194.926569.jpg

Latest posts

Back