Shellac: unreasonable client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gracias, Ms. Gigi.

De nada, guapa! Yo pienso en ti muchas veces .... me allegro para verte aqui despues de mucho tiempo. Besós y abrazos mui grandes, careño! :hug:

De nada, guapa! Yo pienso en ti muchas veces .... me allegro para verte aqui despues de mucho tiempo. Besós y abrazos mui grandes, careño! :hug:

Dile a Simón me dijo "Hola".

Blossom
DO.NOT.CALL.HER
for all it seems it would cause you another bad day, she needs an excuse and use of solar oil is not a problem here, her nails can be in a quite good condition right now

I personally do not like techs trashing other techs' work, even when I see nails from NSS shop with rings of fire I do not comment it, never, so I would blame another tech as well for all this situation

I am sorry that something like this has happend to you, I had a client once, that came to me only for simple file and paint. And she was trashing me to lots of people, that I caused her fungus on fingernails, where she had just yellow nails form nail polish without base coat. I felt bad but couldn't really do much about it so just let it go - no reason to waste energy and peace of mind.
Let it go. I bet she will be back anyway ;).

Why why why?

Nails don't breathe! If they did they would drown every time you put them in water.

Where do people get this breathing idea from? :grr::grr:They are keratin, the same as hair. Has a hairdresser ever told you to stop having colour on to let your hair breath or 'have a rest'

LOL sorry but actually yes my hair dresser did, and surely if you dye your hair over and over and over you will weaken your hair, i know that from expirience, my hair is so dry, and ive tryed all of the conditioning treatments, the best thing i can do for my hair right now would be to stop dying it. No hair doesnt breathe, but you can keep damaging it. Or why would their be products for dry damaged coloured hair?. how does the hair get damaged? its not just by heat not everyone uses hair irons xxx lol any way il but out now xx

Last edited:
LOL sorry but actually yes, if you dye your hair over and over and over you will weaken your hair, i know that from expirience, my hair is so dry, and ive tryed all of the conditioning treatments, the best thing i can do for my hair right now would be to stop dying it. No hair doesnt breathe, but you can keep damaging it. Or why would their be products for dry damaged coloured hair?. how does the hair get damaged? its not just by heat not everyone uses hair irons xxx lol any way il but out now xx

But if you use quality, recommended home care then your hair is protected from that damage - this is what we are saying....by following aftercare advise, to use Solar Oil daily on your nails then you can protect your nails from damage.

Last edited:
But if you use quality, recommended home care then your hair is protected from that damage - this is what we are saying....by following aftercare advise, to use Solar Oil daily on your nals then you can protect your nails from damage.

oh yes im not disputing the nail side of things, i was refering to hair, that was pointed out, when quite often many! people are told to take a break from dying, bleeching hair etc, was just saying its not quite the same as nails. , Wish a dash of solar oil each day stopped my hair being this dry, lol Dam you hair dye! xx

I have coloured my hair regularly without a break for over 40 years ... It's in great condition ...lt,s healthy and I do have very strong hair. I only have it washed once a week and NO styling products. It's shiny, strong, but perhaps a little drier than it would be if I did not colour it. I let nature and a weekly wash do the rest.

Allot depends on the type of hair you have and in the case of nails, the type of nails you have. Not all nails are equal!

I think she ment "to give the nails a rest or a break from shellac" I don't think she ment they actually "breath".

And I agree we can damage our nails if we over use or miss use chemicals, same as hair I have mine bleached and the ends are dry but the new hair at the roots is shiny!!!So products can damage dead hair or nails even if applied correctly.

We are still applying chemicals to our hair/nails how ever kind they are..

Therefore lots of solar oil is needed to help keep the nail from drying out after being dehydrated with scrub fresh,using acetone every 2 weeks (in removal)

Good. Grief.
The utter, utter hubris of people is jaw droppingly unbelievable.
Shame on you. You know who you are.

good lordy - just read this thread from start to finish.

i'm exhausted! ;)

Good. Grief.
The utter, utter hubris of people is jaw droppingly unbelievable.
Shame on you. You know who you are.

I don't know who there are!! Care to share??

I love the "nails need to breath" comment, I get asked this now n then and it's always followed with not unless they have lil weeny lungs ;)

In respect to the hair dye damaging hair, I've very very weak hair, fine like baby hair and I've dyed it for the past 27yrs with no breaks.. I've gone from teenage black through the purples and now been red for around 15yrs.. Total hair abuse BUT my hair is still healthy. Only once have I needed to have damaged hair cut off (resulting in losing 9inches) and that was after an island hopping holiday around Greece letting the sea and sun do its worst.. And they did.

I tottally agree that with correct after care hair and nails will remain Undamaged.

I'm not going to name and shame; it's against forum rules.
I will say this though.
There are people on this site who are seriously well trained, well respected and hugely successful. People who have been recognised within the industry and without as being the epitome of skill, professionalism and experience.
There are others who can only be regarded as cheeky, chancers, still wet behind the ears who have the sheer bloody audacity to decry the elder statesmen and then try to slag them off.
I use this site to learn, and to inform, where I feel I am qualified to do so.
Yes, I know that my direct tones can be a tad stinging at times, and in some cases I'm sorry that I seem incapable of sugar coating.
I do not, repeat, do not count myself as one of the elder statesmen in the industry. Maybe one day I'll be as well respected as them, but I'm a long way off that.
In the mean time I will watch, listen and learn, and offer an opinion, put forward peer reviewed research and evidence, and whilst I might not agree with everything put before me I will have the humility to go away and research it if I'm not sure, until I AM sure. What I won't do is bite back at the busy and incredibly generous professionals here who give their time, advice and mentorship FOR FREE.

I will say this though.
There are people on this site who are seriously well trained, well respected and hugely successful. People who have been recognised within the industry and without as being the epitome of skill, professionalism and experience.
There are others who can only be regarded as cheeky, chancers, still wet behind the ears who have the sheer bloody audacity to decry the elder statesmen and then try to slag them off.
Yes, I know that my direct tones can be a tad stinging at times, and in some cases I'm sorry that I seem incapable of sugar coating.
I do not, repeat, do not count myself as one of the elder statesmen in the industry. Maybe one day I'll be as well respected as them, but I'm a long way off that.
In the mean time I will watch, listen and learn, and offer an opinion, put forward peer reviewed research and evidence, and whilst I might not agree with everything put before me I will have the humility to go away and research it if I'm not sure, until I AM sure. What I won't do is bite back at the busy and incredibly generous professionals here who give their time, advice and mentorship FOR FREE.
Lynne I don't always agree with some of your replies in various posts but this one however I totally understand and totally agree with. Spot on!! Thank you :)

I will say this though.

Lynne, You do yourself a dis-service. You are one of the most knowledgeable people in your area of expertise ... I respect you, your abilities and your knowledge hugely and judging from your thriving business and reputation, so do your clients. I also respect your dignity in not wishing to 'name & shame'. Anyone who actually reads this thread will understand and we are not children in a playground.

I don't give a rats behind about sugar coating and I don't care if people do not agree .... when factual information is given it is not up for discussion or agreement .. it is fact until proven otherwise.

Here is a little more education, for those with the humility to view it, on natural nail care; the information is factual and proven from the largest and most respected R&D laboratory in the nail industry at CND. If any do not care to view it and learn a thing or two then don't.

Healthy Nail Care Tips from CND - YouTube

Last edited:
I posted the very same video on my business page earlier this morning. I think it explains things very simply to clients and keeps the education message out there.

My aim is to educate the client in the real and effective ways to enjoy beautiful and healthy nails. As well as the part they need to commit to in achieving this at home.
In my short time in this industry, I have found I feel really strongly about this and enjoy knowing that someone has learned something.

Not everyone will agree with one persons opinion it's called freedom of speech!

But I think we should all be professional and polite and not make fun even though they may be wrong.

This is a forum to help and educate and yes we can speak our mind but we can get our point across to without ending up like previous comments.

There has be genuine professional help here let's be grateful of that and this helpful forum and get back to learning new things everyday and accepting sometimes we need to learn more or we may be wrong at times we are all human ;-)

i don't think the issue here is someone's opinion .

i've read the whole thread again and from how i read it , a poster was corrected and didn't like it.

no one made fun of anyone.

if you have your facts wrong and are corrected . suck it up and get over it .

:Love:

i don't think the issue here is someone's opinion .

i've read the whole thread again and from how i read it , a poster was corrected and didn't like it.

no one made fun of anyone.

if you have your facts wrong and are corrected . suck it up and get over it .

:Love:

You are right ... Opinion was not being discussed. No one that I can see made fun of anyone. The expression "Nails do not have a pair of lungs or a little stomach" has been used for eons to help people understand that nails cannot breathe nor can you 'feed' them anything. I must've said this a thousand times in my career and no one has ever accused me of making fun of them :rolleyes:
The person was wrong ... the person was corrected (nicely), others decided to take a humorous approach when commenting (which I always tend to do with clients).
Life is too short to have a big chip on your shoulder. And if people want to look foolish by giving out silly information that has no basis in truth ... well what can one say ... I'm glad my Doctor does not act in the same way.

As a respected teaching site that is here to inform people of the facts, I certainly cannot stand by and let such silly information go uncommented upon.

As a respected teaching site that is here to inform people of the facts, I certainly cannot stand by and let such silly information go uncommented upon.

Thank heavens for that! x

Latest posts

Back