Shellac: unreasonable client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blossom, I do think your client is just using an excuse and is going to the other tech because she is charging so little. Maybe she will be back in a couple of months!
I wear shellac and occassionally gelish and the longest my nails are without a polish on is like one hour-lol
I am very very naughty before you all say anything, and I never use my solar oil because I forget and I'm probably lazy.
I also always lightly buff my nails to get any residue off, I know, I know!!
I am always in a rush!
My nails have never been in better condition so I guess I'm lucky.
I also can't remember what my natural hair colour is, probably grey now!
My hair is very long, very shiny and very healthy :Love:

Lynne, You do yourself a dis-service. You are one of the most knowledgeable people in your area of expertise ... I respect you, your abilities and your knowledge hugely and judging from your thriving business and reputation, so do your clients. I also respect your dignity in not wishing to 'name & shame'. Anyone who actually reads this thread will understand and we are not children in a playground.

I don't give a rats behind about sugar coating and I don't care if people do not agree .... when factual information is given it is not up for discussion or agreement .. it is fact until proven otherwise.

Here is a little more education, for those with the humility to view it, on natural nail care; the information is factual and proven from the largest and most respected R&D laboratory in the nail industry at CND. If any do not care to view it and learn a thing or two then don't.

Healthy Nail Care Tips from CND - YouTube

Geeg, you're the person to ask. Im sure I risk looking like a fool here but would rather be educated.

I am Shellac trained and read more posts that I can remember each day to help educate myself but after just watching that video I have a question. The CND educator says that Solar oil will penetrate through enhancements, is this correct? I had been led to believe that Shellac was penetrable due to Tunnel Technology but I always thought Shellac was unique in this way. I hate to admit I have told clients so.

Am I totally wrong in saying this? Does is penetrate through other enhancements into the nail bed as easily? Correct me please as I do not wish to misinform, I'm all about educating my clients!

Apologies for going slightly off on a tangent on someone elses thread but I had never questioned this before after "learning" this.

Thankyou

Geeg, you're the person to ask. Im sure I risk looking like a fool here but would rather be educated.

I am Shellac trained and read more posts that I can remember each day to help educate myself but after just watching that video I have a question. The CND educator says that Solar oil will penetrate through enhancements, is this correct? I had been led to believe that Shellac was penetrable due to Tunnel Technology but I always thought Shellac was unique in this way. I hate to admit I have told clients so.

Am I totally wrong in saying this? Does is penetrate through other enhancements into the nail bed as easily? Correct me please as I do not wish to misinform, I'm all about educating my clients!

Apologies for going slightly off on a tangent on someone elses thread but I had never questioned this before after "learning" this.

Thankyou

I asked exactly the same question in a different thread because I was under the same impression! I thought Shellac was formulated for solar oil to penetrate through too, but Geeg corrected me and said it goes though anything and I'd been misinformed! Hth x

You are not telling your clients anything wrong. Solar Oil penetrates and reptates through the Shellac (which is more porous than enhancements) and to the nail PLATE and into the nail plate, keeping it healthy and moisturised .. This is a cumulative effect when Solar Oil is used regularly each and every day.

Shellac is unique in it's tiny tunnel technology, the use of quick release polymers and UV3 technology. Other things can still be porous even though they do not have the same technology.

Solar Oil also reptates through enhancements in the same way as although less porous, they still are porous enough and Solar Oil is small enough molecularly to do so.

I hope that has answered your question.

One of my clients said to me - how can you tell if your enhancements are porous?

I replied that I thought if they could be soaked off with acetone then they were porous - the quicker the soak off, the more porous (or thinner)

Was I right? I won't repeat it if not lol

after reading through all of this thread i was about to lose interest (im new to nails!) Ive done my shellac training and have been busy preaching to anyone that would listen about tunnels and solar oil!! -Now im about to go on my l&P course tomorrow and had thought i'd be wasting my presious solar oil with enhancements on and now i've learnt different! hurray to the geeks for another lesson learnt!!:) also im a hairdresser and hadnt thought about the hair conditioner comparrison-another line i can preach!

You are not telling your clients anything wrong. Solar Oil penetrates and reptates through the Shellac (which is more porous than enhancements) and to the nail PLATE and into the nail plate, keeping it healthy and moisturised .. This is a cumulative effect when Solar Oil is used regularly each and every day.

Shellac is unique in it's tiny tunnel technology, the use of quick release polymers and UV3 technology. Other things can still be porous even though they do not have the same technology.

Solar Oil also reptates through enhancements in the same way as although less porous, they still are porous enough and Solar Oil is small enough molecularly to do so.

I hope that has answered your question.

Thankyou Geeg.

Would I be right in saying that they are more porous so in that case the Solar oil is able to penetrate more quickly?

I had this down as being one of the many advantages of offering Shellac and honestly thought it wouldnt penetrate through any others. Always good to be corrected.

Thankyou Geeg.

Would I be right in saying that they are more porous so in that case the Solar oil is able to penetrate more quickly?

I had this down as being one of the many advantages of offering Shellac and honestly thought it wouldnt penetrate through any others. Always good to be corrected.

Yes, the fact that Shellac is more porous would make the Solar OIl penetrate more quickly. BUT ..... I wouldn't particularly get too hooked on this particular point about Shellac .. I don¡t think as a client it would impress me ... no dry time and no nail buffing and super fast removal plus 3 free and hypo-allergenic would all impress me more than the marginally quicker penetration of Solar Oil.

Valid points, thankyou Geeg, I shall focus on them! Thank goodnes for Salon Geek!

In case anyone was wondering, no I didn't contact her. :D

Valid points, thankyou Geeg, I shall focus on them! Thank goodnes for Salon Geek!

To be honest, zooks, you don't have to do any work when marketing Shellac to your clients .. it has all been done for you by CND and it is available to you for the small price of asking your supplier for it!!

I say leave the hard work to the professionals and experts who know how to market and already know what features and benefits will appeal to your clients. No other company does it as well as CND because they want you to succeed with the service. Follow what they do and say when you watch DVDs or are sent marketing material .... it works. :hug:

I don't know who there are!! Care to share??

I love the "nails need to breath" comment, I get asked this now n then and it's always followed with not unless they have lil weeny lungs ;)

In respect to the hair dye damaging hair, I've very very weak hair, fine like baby hair and I've dyed it for the past 27yrs with no breaks.. I've gone from teenage black through the purples and now been red for around 15yrs.. Total hair abuse BUT my hair is still healthy. Only once have I needed to have damaged hair cut off (resulting in losing 9inches) and that was after an island hopping holiday around Greece letting the sea and sun do its worst.. And they did.

I tottally agree that with correct after care hair and nails will remain Undamaged.

Sorry just to mention about the hair like you have all stated it does not breath but yes sometimes it needs a rest from colouring etc , but you tend to find this is only if people have been home colouring or attempting to do it them selfs , but if you meet some one who has found a good stylist and salon and get there hair coloured there its very rare that they would ever have dry or damaged hair and this is because its a proffesinoal who knows what they are doing and what your hair can take,
So i suppose the same rules apply with nails really as long as somebody who is well trained and a professional then they will know how to do your nails while caring for them and minamizing or preventing any damage as they will know what best suits your nails.
:)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Good for you blossom, you know what you achieved with her nails and you can hold your head high. You really are better off without her.

Concentrate on the clients that appreciate you and your talents :hug: xx

Good, no doubt she will be contacting you in a couple of months when her nails are back to being short!! Wanting you to work your magic ;) x

Latest posts

Back