Shellac Vexed Violet?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karen Minx

Reaction score
I tried painting my Shellac Vexed Violet on myself last night, first time using it so its a new bottle and it just didn't want to play for me. It kept shrinking away from every edge of my nail. I did shake it well. So what am i not doing?

I find its quite a bad one for shrinking back. I just do a quick swipe and into the lamp ASAP, it's a bit better with the 2nd coat.

Karaxxx

One finger at a time twid? I got so frustrated with it last night i didn't get to finish off my manicure so took the rest off.

Can we freeze cure this colour 10 secs between fingers?

I am surprised at this as I have never ever seen any of the Shellac colours shrink.
Are you applying your base coat right to the edge (without touching the skin) and sealing the free edge? Shellac colour will only adhere to wherever your base coat has been applied, so you need to apply the colour coat slightly within the base coat, I.e. leaving a slightly larger margin than within the base coat.
Hope this helps.

Yes i do chick. But it's shrinking back before i even cured, by the time I've painted all 5 fingers i need to go back and repaint the rest.

I find this, it seems quite runny. I always make sure base coat is covered so its not that. But I find 3 coats better, but its not my favourite colour to use. I'm glad I'm not the only one!

I'm really thorough with the base coat but find that you have to work really quickly! I find some colours are worse than others and you get to know which ones they are. It doesn't stop me using them it just makes me wary and work fast lol

Karaxxx

I too have found that this is one of the colours that shrinks back. I have put it on my colour wheel over Rock Royalty and find my ladies will often choose this colour now, it is gorgeous and doesn't look so wishy washy on the ends. x

Iv just come across this post after doing a search for 'shellac shrinking'.

Can I just add quickly that I haven't ever had an issue with shrinking, I don't have Vexed Violet yet either. Iv just experienced shrinking exactly how the op described but this time with Lilac Longing.

If I compare it consistency wise to say Cake Pop it seems quite runny.

Has anyone else found this?

I've never had a problem with any CND Shellac colour!

The key is the base coat! We're the base goes the colour will follow!

As base coat it clear it's very easy to 'slap it on' not been as precise as you would be with colour! Take your time with base coat really look were your applying it. Also if your applying it on yourself you don't have a spare hand to pull back the lateral folds and really grip the nail to make sure your getting the best application!

Latest posts

Back