Shellac vs Gelish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hairtangled

Reaction score
I have currently use Shellac and I wondered what people thought is better ?? Shellac or Gelish ? X

Would be kinda hard to compare the two as they are totally different products.
Shellac is a power polish. It's meant to wear like polish, but lasts longer than polish, whereas Gelish is a gel polish. It's pretty much like soak off gel but with a thinner consistency. Shellac involves no buffing of any sort, but Gelish requires light buffing. Each is a good product for different reasons so I don't think one is better than the other.

I have currently use Shellac and I wondered what people thought is better ?? Shellac or Gelish ? X

definately shellac, I used to stock both but decided to get rid of the gelish. they do have lovely colours but I dint like gelish for a number of reasons. People actually ask for shellac by name, it has such a good name so you will always earn lots.

With shellac you dont need to buff the natural nail, gelish you do.
When soaking off gelish you need to buff the topcoat then soak, with shellac you just wrap and go.

I could never get the gelish off, it took me so long, ruined my nails and I ended up having to buff it off.

I round shellac to be a stronger product as well.

Now this is just my personal opinion and I have tried both and now use shellac all of the time. I even managed to grow my own nails, if you look in my albulms you will see them and I used to be a severe nail biter, I have grown them long with shellac and my nails are in great condition.

HTH

Ax

I could never get the gelish off, it took me so long, ruined my nails and I ended up having to buff it off.

Ax

I think this is unfair and think you must have been doing something very wrong. I use Gelish everyday on clients it is now the vast majority of my business. I personally never buff the natural nail or the topcoat off and have never ruined anyones nails. It takes me 50 minutes to do a removal and reapplication.

Like Chickafish says, they are different products, suitable for different clients. Try them both out, you won't go wrong with either.

Thank you both for all the info and help you have given me. X

Hiya
Why don't you have a quick look in the groups section? (see the tabs at the top) There is a Shellac lovers group and a Gellish lovers group, have a good read through and one may appeal to you more than the other.
I don't use either so am not much help practical wise.

Latest posts

Back