Shellac ~ What have you done with yours?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ValencianNails

Positivity rules!
Reaction score
I did some L+P on myself yesterday and polished them with Shellac (Fedora) this morning. I was being ever so careful with my finished hand while polishing the other one, totally forgetting that I don't have to worry about it any more.

Within half an hour of Shellacking them I'd typed a few emails, washed my hair and did some washing up without gloves on, that was never heard of when using 'normal' enamel :lol:

What have you done with your freshly Shellacked nails?

How many of you have used Shellac and still been nervous of smudging the colour on your nails :?:

I did some L+P on myself yesterday and polished them with Shellac (Fedora) this morning. I was being ever so careful with my finished hand while polishing the other one, totally forgetting that I don't have to worry about it any more.

Within half an hour of Shellacking them I'd typed a few emails, washed my hair and did some washing up without gloves on, that was never heard of when using 'normal' enamel :lol:

What have you done with your freshly Shellacked nails?

How many of you have used Shellac and still been nervous of smudging the colour on your nails :?:

Old habits die hard I guess and the newly cured Shellac looks so wet & juicy it seems impossible that it can put up with abuse so quickly ... But it can and it will so have the confidence that CND assures you that you can have.

Omg its so funny watching your clients once your finished Shellacing them,even though you tell them its dry and wont smudge they still walk away with their fingers spread open and hands out in front of them!

I put on Dashing Diva then Negligee on myself on Saturday and was delighted to be able to just finish and go :D

It must be so bizarre after years of waiting for polish to dry, to just suddenly have dry nails!! Lol!

Sandi, what is the Fedora colour like?!

I did mine in Tutti Fruitti early on Thursday morning and then had a full day of clients!
LOVE!!!!!! LOVEEEEE!!!! LOVEEEEE!!!

Everytime I finish my clients nails they say ... what, thats it? i can go? .... They are normally so used to sitting with me and waiting until touch dry to leave, then allowing me to root around in their bag for their purse and keys.

My mums nails have been the test. Shes a nurse working on the admissions ward so very very busy hard working hands. She went straight on to do a shift and nearly a week on no chips, nicks smudges ... not a sausage! shes washed and cooked for the whole family inbetween to see what would happen to her shellac. We sat down to eat yesterday and i could still see my reflection in her nails! :D

Last edited:
It must be so bizarre after years of waiting for polish to dry, to just suddenly have dry nails!! Lol!

Sandi, what is the Fedora colour like?!

Fedora is like the Chanel Rouge Noir probably the most popular colour EVER in the history of nail colour.

Omg its so funny watching your clients once your finished Shellacing them,even though you tell them its dry and wont smudge they still walk away with their fingers spread open and hands out in front of them!

I put on Dashing Diva then Negligee on myself on Saturday and was delighted to be able to just finish and go :D

Isn't it hilarious! I had a client the other day nearly have a heart attack when I removed the tacky layer at the end and then scrapped across the top of it! Was sooo funny. :D

I have SCRATCHED...something i haven't been able to do in years....gel overlays are great and I will always love them but they do give you "blunt" nails....But with my natural nails and shellac i can scratch again..and pick up coins..and pick up my debit card...and pick stickers off....:lol:

i had mine done and within 3 minutes shampooed a client.....bliss!!!! i looooove it!!!!! i got tropix...at first i was disappointed as we only got the colours in the kit, i left it too late to order the others, but i love tropix and i know a lot of my clients will be pleased with what we have available :)

I have SCRATCHED...something i haven't been able to do in years....gel overlays are great and I will always love them but they do give you "blunt" nails....But with my natural nails and shellac i can scratch again..and pick up coins..and pick up my debit card...and pick stickers off....:lol:

Lol I've noticed that too!! I'm loving
my own nails ... I'm so OVER having to maintain my own enhancements. Shellac is SO easy.

Lol I've noticed that too!! I'm loving
my own nails ... I'm so OVER having to maintain my own enhancements. Shellac is SO easy.

This is what I am looking forwards to also. At the moment I have tutti fruitti over my enhancements as I didn't have time to remove them.
I am going to go back to my natural nails for the first time in 3 years!!
Will I feel right!!! lol
x

I've been putting mine through a tough time just to test. I did mine last thursday evening in Hot Chillis and washed up breakfast pots and pans the next morning without gloves! Worked on clients friday and saturday, and a full house cleaning day today without gloves and still no chips.
Im well impressed so far with this product, a normal polish wouldn't last me a second day.

I wonder why everyone needs to put Shellac through so many tests? I've told everyone that Shellac performs as promised ... 150 others have said that Shellac does as it promises and why?? Because they are the entrepreneurs that have the trust and courage to BELEIVE in CND. I always knew Shellac would perform well because CND innovated the product and they manufacture it. 5 years of testing before release.

Name me one CND product that doesn't do what it says on the tin?

One of my clients today asked me to get her card out of her bag to pay me, I said "no you can do it " lol she was like oh yeah!
The next client didn't seem to understand that it wasn't normal polish because she kept saying that she wanted to buy a light to use at home to dry her polish , I explained and then pointed out that as I had just done her hands and feet she would'nt need to do polish at home any more lol (of course shes re booked)
And another tipped me ₤15 on top of the cost or her re balance and her shellac because she was soooo over the moon (Fedora)!
Oh and ive had several people try to buy it .....eeerrm NO!

One of my clients today asked me to get her card out of her bag to pay me, I said "no you can do it " lol she was like oh yeah!
The next client didn't seem to understand that it wasn't normal polish because she kept saying that she wanted to buy a light to use at home to dry her polish , I explained and then pointed out that as I had just done her hands and feet she would'nt need to do polish at home any more lol (of course shes re booked)
And another tipped me ₤15 on top of the cost or her re balance and her shellac because she was soooo over the moon (Fedora)!
Oh and ive had several people try to buy it .....eeerrm NO!

I've got tutti frutti on looks fab love it! I did a client with Fedora and she was sat waiting for them to dry and I said its ok they are dry! Did another client on her toes in Hot Chillis she loved it, I have also had a few people asking why we don't retail it!!

How about we dont retail Shellac because it is a professional service done with professional use only products??

I wonder why everyone needs to put Shellac through so many tests? I've told everyone that Shellac performs as promised ... 150 others have said that Shellac does as it promises and why?? Because they are the entrepreneurs that have the trust and courage to BELEIVE in CND. I always knew Shellac would perform well because CND innovated the product and they manufacture it. 5 years of testing before release.

Name me one CND product that doesn't do what it says on the tin?

Im sorry but i need to test things before i go shouting my mouth out about things to my clients. Although i have been doing this already :o
I also want to show my clients the end result of 2 weeks worth of trashing so they believe and trust this product. Some know CND well and would only have CND on thier nails, others unfortunatly do not.

I trash anything on my nails so i am amazed and very impressed with this new product.

And i have'nt been fortunate enough to have used every single CND product going yet so i can not comment on your last paragraph. :lick: :D

how is it going for anyone with thin and bendy nails, is there anyone that shellac wont suit?

how is it going for anyone with thin and bendy nails, is there anyone that shellac wont suit?

Yes there are clients I would not offer Shellac to:
ski jump Or un natural nail shapes because Shellac cannot correct the shape and those who cannot keep polish or enhancements on their natural nails because of some weird body chemistry.

Shellac will offer some support to thin and bendy nails but Shellac is not an enhancement product. Shellac is flexible though and may help thin and bendy nails to grow some length. It is perfect for those who have had enhancements removed.

Latest posts

Back