Shellac ~ What have you done with yours?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes there are clients I would not offer Shellac to:
ski jump Or un natural nail shapes because Shellac cannot correct the shape and those who cannot keep polish or enhancements on their natural nails because of some weird body chemistry.

Shellac will offer some support to thin and bendy nails but Shellac is not an enhancement product. Shellac is flexible though and may help thin and bendy nails to grow some length. It is perfect for those who have had enhancements removed.
When i see a quote like this it reinforces honesty from the nail technician.I have seen time and time again some companies boasting thier system "does "everything" or so to speak,and one system is not for every client.I think it is good to have more than one system...that way you have every solution.;)

How about we dont retail Shellac because it is a professional service done with professional use only products??

Thats nearly word for word what I said to my clients geeg

is shellac self-levelling?

now, in my excitement, I ordered the kit and the lamp, which I have.:D I have just realised however, that I was far to keen, and didnt know about the liquid for the wipe of the sticky layer:o:o:o I want and NEED to shellac my nails, can I use my usual calgel residual layer remover?

is shellac self-leving?

It stays as it goes on. The worst feature I could think of in a gel product would be that it would level out on curing. I want my product to stay where I put it.

I hate to be the odd one out BUT I shellacked a friend just under a week ago and altho they still look great and as shiney as when I did them...one of her nails has chipped and on all of her nails the cap seems to have worn off the free edge...I would say she has healthy nails but naturally on the thin side and I was really careful to cap them all well with very layer so any ideas what could be the problem? x

now, in my excitement, I ordered the kit and the lamp, which I have.:D I have just realised however, that I was far to keen, and didnt know about the liquid for the wipe of the sticky layer:o:o:o I want and NEED to shellac my nails, can I use my usual calgel residual layer remover?

I would think so as long as it does not contain acetone.

I did the same as you, presuming the disperse would be included, I use pure nails finishing wipe, dashed to get the refill bottle to read what it contained & voilà , it is just isopropyl alcohol which is exacly what I need, works like a dream!

My nails are thin and bendy. I shellaced them myself at the Event, and still have the same shellac on (tho just got my new lamp today -yipee!!- so I'll be playing tomorrow I think!). I really rushed the application in order to get it finished and didn't do a careful job, so it will perform better than it did as I wasn't allowing it to do its best.

I played at chewing my nail and managed to chip it (just testing it out for myself) Some of my other nails have ripped from the side, but I think the shellac helped them stay less ripped IYKWIM and I cut the ripped bit off. They definately lasted better than they would have without the shellac. I've bent one nail and the shellac has cracked across where it bent, but has stayed fully attached.

I think I've really put it through its paces in my testing on my thin bendy nails. I think I'll probably do a gel nno before the shellac to add a bit of strength, and keep my nails short, which I feel will be the ideal for me when using shellac.

I would think so as long as it does not contain acetone.

I did the same as you, presuming the disperse would be included, I use pure nails finishing wipe, dashed to get the refill bottle to read what it contained & voilà , it is just isopropyl alcohol which is exacly what I need, works like a dream!

Thats great, thank you. I cant wait!

I hate to be the odd one out BUT I shellacked a friend just under a week ago and altho they still look great and as shiney as when I did them...one of her nails has chipped and on all of her nails the cap seems to have worn off the free edge...I would say she has healthy nails but naturally on the thin side and I was really careful to cap them all well with very layer so any ideas what could be the problem? x

Look ... There always has to be one. Lol

Lets talk about capping. My cap is always off within days as I file my nails every 2-3 days. The cap isn't necessary to stop chipping on ANY gel nail. We normally cap to prevent shrinkage. No one in their right mind will guarantee any product against wearing off at the free edge ... How could one know what a Client will do?

Shellac will stand up to most things and remain flawless for the majority of clients but no doubt there will always be someone just dying to disprove it. It will last allot better than any other type of coloured polish on natural nails and for most it will stay perfect. Remember Shellac is formulated especially for natural nails not enhanced nails.

My nails are thin and bendy. I shellaced them myself at the Event, and still have the same shellac on (tho just got my new lamp today -yipee!!- so I'll be playing tomorrow I think!). I really rushed the application in order to get it finished and didn't do a careful job, so it will perform better than it did as I wasn't allowing it to do its best.

I played at chewing my nail and managed to chip it (just testing it out for myself) Some of my other nails have ripped from the side, but I think the shellac helped them stay less ripped IYKWIM and I cut the ripped bit off. They definately lasted better than they would have without the shellac. I've bent one nail and the shellac has cracked across where it bent, but has stayed fully attached.

I think I've really put it through its paces in my testing on my thin bendy nails. I think I'll probably do a gel nno before the shellac to add a bit of strength, and keep my nails short, which I feel will be the ideal for me when using shellac.
I would shorten them too and use lots of solar oil. Had you only just taken enhancements off in order to be shellaced? My nails are like just what you describe above so i planned in advance and took my enhancements off a month before the shellac release, cut the length right off and applied solar oil about 4 times a day lol.

I have thin and bendy nails, no matter who does my manicure it will last no longer then 24 hours purely because of the bending. Well wee fee at fingertips did a french on two of my fingers when I was on the shellac course and 3 days later they were perfect, the next day I had to remove someones nail polish which was really hard to remove and only a tiny bit of my shellac come off hardly even noticable! I do keep my nails short for massage and facials etc. Love the product for myself never mind clients :lick:

Annie x

I too went about like I had just put polish on lol I'm very interested to see how these hold up on my nails, as with calgel they lifted at the edges on my "doing fingers" if you know what I mean lol and my polish lasted a max of 4 days if I was'nt doing anything lol xx

I would shorten them too and use lots of solar oil. Had you only just taken enhancements off in order to be shellaced? My nails are like just what you describe above so i planned in advance and took my enhancements off a month before the shellac release, cut the length right off and applied solar oil about 4 times a day lol.

Yes, I had half soaked them off before running out of time, so had to file off the remainder of product when I was on the bus on the way down! LOL
I'll be doing what I suggested and yes, lashing solar oil on them too!

I french manicured my nails with Shellac last week and have just abused them!!!:o

My daughter wasn't well last night and I literally had to scrub the carpet....and I mean scrub!!! The room still stinks but my nails were perfect :biggrin: I also had to scrub a roasting tin with a really harsh abrasive, ok I know this isn't recommended but my Shellac'd nails were still perfect.

Unfortunately I've had to take the product off this evening and cut my nails right back as I am back to college tomorrow :sad:

thats great information for me marion, thanks.

Yes, I had half soaked them off before running out of time, so had to file off the remainder of product when I was on the bus on the way down! LOL
I'll be doing what I suggested and yes, lashing solar oil on them too!

Poor you. I was inhaling the byproduct lol) I loved the party bus) wish we will do it again) x

my shellac is kitten chew proof ;) another thing to add to the list :D

Latest posts

Back