Shellac white marks on nails!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Debby

Reaction score
I've been doing shellac for a good year now, ive never had any problem. My clients are always very pleased. But recently a couple of my clients after soaking off have got these white marks on there nails.Can any1 help me what it maybe? Xx

are they honestly doing there Solar oil 2 xs per day .........

and if they are , are you still using D-solve and the recommended removal technique ?

You said after soaking off - Do you soak or wrap?
And as mizzy suggested do they use oil?

Sorry to hijack your thread. I do geleration but after doing my sisters nails noticed she had white marks on hers too. She wanted a French so I did it with 2 coats of pink and the white marks were still visible. Weirdly the next day she called me to say the white marks had disappeared but when the gel was removed they came back! Could it be the same thing? She hadn't been using an oil so I put hers down to dehydration?!?

I could be completely wrong here but I do Gelish and used to use their remover, I now use D-solve because it removes far quicker and easier and every client now has white marks on their nails once removed. If they are not having Gelish reapplied I put lots of solar oil on their nails and the marks disappear.

Has anyone else experienced this or is it just a coincidence?!

I could be completely wrong here but I do Gelish and used to use their remover, I now use D-solve because it removes far quicker and easier and every client now has white marks on their nails once removed. If they are not having Gelish reapplied I put lots of solar oil on their nails and the marks disappear.

Has anyone else experienced this or is it just a coincidence?!
How do you remove the Gelish?
It's usually a sign of dehydration. X

Yes it's due to lack of solar oil.x

I'm not familiar with Gelish, is a cuticle oil recommended for daily use?

How do you remove the Gelish?
It's usually a sign of dehydration. X

Soak a pad with D-Solve and wrap in foil, I recommend clients use cuticle/solar oil twice a day although I know most of them dont!

Soak a pad with D-Solve and wrap in foil, I recommend clients use cuticle/solar oil twice a day although I know most of them dont!
You can only advise them to oil Hun, not force them, unfortunately!! It's not your fault x

Latest posts

Back