Shellac, will it make a difference?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cfl

cfl
Reaction score
Hi geeks
I run a very small business from home after having a busier salon. It works for me but need more cash and have decided to do Shellac. I have got the start up kit etc and sort of looking fwd to training but now I'm thinking that I will not be good at it for ages even though Ive done normal polish manicures,pedicures for years. Think I'm just worried as also got a part time job too. Maybe I will have to advertise the Shellac when I'm au-fait with it. Lack of confidence and don't know. Why!!

Last edited:
Hi. I am ordering shellac package this weekend and am so excited. I train in August. I am only going to introduce nails after a lot of practicing as I would prefer to feel as confident as possible in my abilities before going on to paying customers. I also want to build up a bit of a portfolio of designs that I am we'll practiced at. I imagine if you have lots of experience in mani pedi you will be confident quite quickly and so many people are willing to be a model for shellac as opposed to enhancements. So i dont think you will have a problem at all. Good luck :) x

If I were you, I would just get cracking. Skill with painting nails is a massive advantage. Follow all your Shellac requirements and you'll be fine. Shellac training is not a pre-requisite to doing Shellac, but it can give you confidence, and really help you to get your technique honed. It is good to have used the product before training as you can then get an idea of what you find difficult, or what you need help with - if anything - prior to training x

Hi geeks
I run a very small business from home after having a busier salon. It works for me but need more cash and have decided to do Shellac. I have got the start up kit etc and sort of looking fwd to training but now I'm thinking that I will not be good at it for ages even though Ive done normal polish manicures,pedicures for years. Think I'm just worried as also got a part time job too. Maybe I will have to advertise the Shellac when I'm au-fait with it. Lack of confidence and don't know. Why!!

I don't know why either :hug:

The major problem people have when they taking it in is that they actually have no idea how to apply polish correctly and professionally. You DO! So quit worrying.

I have never had a Shellac class! I just picked it up and romped away with it because like you, I know how to apply polish. You never hear complaints from the pros who use it .... Only the very newly qualified and it is because they have never been taught how to apply polish and/or they know little to nothing about UV-cured products.

Every girl/woman thinks they already know how to polish and that they don't need to learn anything! There is a heap of difference to doing your own at home and applying in a professional way, perfectly to someone else.

will it make a difference?? YES is the answer, it will change your business forever!!!

I wish id invested in shellac far sooner but you live and learn! Shellac is now the biggest part of my business, everyone wants it. I have clients who used to have acrylic, gel polishes, soak off gels you name it and they have nearly all converted to shellac. They love the colours, the thin ness of it, the way it removes so quickly and that there nails are fine underneath. People lead busy lives now and want quickness, shellac gives them nice nails where they only need to come for just under an hour every few weeks! for them thats brilliant xx

oh and its for all ages, i have shellac clients ranging from 17 to 75!!

You wont have any regrets! Shellac is an absolute pleasure to apply :)

Latest posts

Back