Shellac with CND Effects?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lisa S

Reaction score
I'm sure I saw on here somwhere (can't find it now) that you can use the CND Effects with Shellac, I have bought the new silver and gold effects, would I actually be able to use them with the Shellac for some sparkle? I can't quite see how myself as they wouldn't cure. If anybody knows anything about being or not being able to do this, would love to hear from you. Thanks. Lisa :lol:

I have used the effects over Shellac. I do it at the very end, after removing the inhibition layer from the top coat.

I would then add a coat of Lumos topcoat to give extra super shine!

Thats great - does it not effect the shellac then? Like when the lumos and effects start to come off, does the shellac stay put? x

Just jumping in as I would like to know the answers too! Love the gold and silver effects and love shellac!!:)

TBH I have normally worn the Shellac for a week before putting anything on it for the second week. I havent noticed the effect coming off.

Hiya I did Shellac Tutti Frutti as normal, then the Rasberry Sparkle over the top then base coat then top coat from shellac and they lasted the 14 days and where fab didn't do anything to the shellac at all, only changed them as I wanted a change of color :)

Hi If you go on Facebook and join the group Shellac for Nail Professionals they are on page 44 of the pictures :)

Last edited:
Do you mean you did base, tutti frutti x 2, top, remove inhibition layer - then effects, base again, top again??

This confused me too Lisa S! Annebet can you please clarify your application steps, thanks! .x.

Hiya this is how they where done, Tutti Frutti as normal with top coat removed dispersion layer, then the effect over the top of the top coat, then base coat from shellac, then the top coat from shellac, they are picture number 44 on the Shellac for nail professionals on facebook :)

I'm still none the wiser about your application steps from the description above!
So you applied Shellac base coat, 2 coats of Shellac Tutti Frutti, one layer of Shellac Top Coat - is that right so far? It's just that you said "with top coat removed" - or did you mean to have a comma between removed and dispersion layer? Did you mean inhibition layer?

Latest posts

Back