Shellac .. yes or no?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmd

Reaction score
Hi, i am considering starting to use Shellac, although the only worry i have is the selection of colours available??? can anyone give me help and advice on this product or a similar one!
thanks

To be honest, my clients struggle choosing between 12 colours half the time! Though we are all looking forward to the launch of the next 12 in a few weeks!

I believe this year will see another colour launch again after the forthcoming one so I dont think you will have any need to worry about the selection available, I'm sure there will be something for everyone.

I would say 100% shellac is totally worth investing in it, people contact me specifically looking for a shellac service. :hug:

THANKS for the help, glad to hear there are more colours on the way! I deffinately think it's Shellac for me!

I use gelish, love it!!! It have 48 colors with 24 more coming out at the end of the month... Yay ;)

I love it! Plus Shellac has a colour layering system! So you can make more colours up - which is brilliant! I look at it this way - 12 colours (all lasting 2 weeks) is 24 weeks worth of colour! Ha ha! :)

Yes go for Shellac its "amazing"! I've got 1 coat of Rosebud & 1 coat of Strawberry Smoothie on at the moment :Love: it! Play around with layering and see what you get it's fun :) Happy Shellacing x

Hi
I have to agree with all the comments so far! I am fairly new to shellac and I am still getting to know all the different colours that can be achieved with layering. I am getting fantastic results and it has been a big hit with my clients. So a big YES for shellac every time! hth x

You can also make new colours with gelish I chose gelish as there were much more colours and it can last up to 21 days x

You can also make new colours with gelish I chose gelish as there were much more colours and it can last up to 21 days x

I've had clients go up to 7 weeks with shellac without it chipping, i just dont encourage it as I like them to remain regular and the re-growth looks hideous! I think 2 weeks is plenty of time :hug:

If you join the various system groups you can get a lot of information on why people choose different products. It is then just a matter of personal preference. :green:

hey! can someone please advise me how much to charge for the gelac nails... just started doin them and unsure! thank you!! xxx

Im pleased with response to this post just ordered my first lot of shellac been dithering for 3 days as had to order the lamp and everything !! quite a big outlay for me at the mo, so fingers crossed for me guys it will be worth it ?

It was worth it for me! what it has done for me is my clients who never had a manicure before because they were returning to work or just did not have the time to wait for polish to dry are now having a shellac manicure so it has brought me new business from these clients. x

Congratulations Nickilou ... you are going to love it and you are going to love even more the new business it brings to the salon if you market it the way CND advise. A great investment. If you want the Shellac pdf with all the info for your clients or verbiage to use in advertising etc just pm me with your email address and S2 customer number and I will be glad to send it along to you on behalf of Sweet Squared. x

Last edited:
Hi, i am considering starting to use Shellac, although the only worry i have is the selection of colours available??? can anyone give me help and advice on this product or a similar one!
thanks

Go with Shellac, you and your clients will love it! Like has been said you can layer the colours and more colours are coming v soon :)

Hi there I've been using shellac since November and think it's fab. Yeah there has been problems with supplying base/top coat and the colours, I think that speaks volumes for the product/brand that demand is so high. The new colours are due out in march, plus you can layer the colours to give so many more colour ways. A few therapists I know use gelish and I've heard alot of negative stuff reguarding it (gelish that is).
Personally I wouldn't be saying that the produce lasts for 21 days because your opening yourself up to a whole host of problems.
How long have you being using gelish and have you ever tried Shellac???

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think the layering possibility should be a deciding point, as you can do it with most soak off gels.

Sam Biddle did comparre a lot of these sytems and it may help you to read her. otherwise, go to some distributors and make a decision for yourself considering price, color range, client requests, etc.

Hi, could sum 1 please tell me how much Shellac cost? Also do u have 2 do a course? I have my manicure/pedicure qualification. Thank u.

I don't think the layering possibility should be a deciding point, as you can do it with most soak off gels.
Shellac isn't a soak off gel, so shouldn't be categorised along with soak off gels (IMO).

Hi, could sum 1 please tell me how much Shellac cost? Also do u have 2 do a course? I have my manicure/pedicure qualification. Thank u.
For up to date pricing of the products give Sweet Squared a call (0845 210 6060). You don't have to do a course to enable you to buy it, however, you will have to provide proof of qualifications before being able to buy the products. Scanning/posting your certificates is plenty good enough, then you will have a secondary account and be able to shop until your drop :green:

Get in touch with them for more info :D

Latest posts

Back