Shellac!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use Bio Sculpture too - their lamps are 2 x 9watt bulbs. I need a new Brisa lamp, and a Bio lamp - maybe i can have one lamp for all 3 applications?

Where did you find the 4 bulb lamp? x x

Just had a look - the Shellac lamp has 4 x 9watt bulbs whereas the Brisa has only 3 - Maybe this will make a difference?

It does make a difference!! The bulbs in the new lamp have an updated positioning that allows for a true 5 finger cure and improved toe cure as well :)

The lamps are running a bit behind due to the volcano mess, they will be in ;)

You can use your Brisa lamp. Just FYI on some of the features and benefits of the new lamp for future reference:
digital
4 programable time settings (why 4 instead of 2? think future innovation :O )
carrying handle
detatchable cord
5 finger cure
improved toe cure
removeable plate to allow for foot comfort
time countdown when curing
bulb life countdown
internal fan
and more!!

Just had a look - the Shellac lamp has 4 x 9watt bulbs whereas the Brisa has only 3 - Maybe this will make a difference?

The new lamp has some of the bulbs almost coming down the side to cure the thumbs so you get a whole hand cure.

You can use the Brisa lamp as some of us had to at the Event as there were not enough of the new ones.

We had to do the 4 fingers then the thumbs if using the Brisa lamp.

here is the S2 new arrival page, guessing the lamps will be there when they get in!

New Arrivals

Lamps have landed but customs are playing around with them first.

Oh I wish they wouldn't and wish they would just send them to The Fingertips Centre so that I can buy mine tomorrow when I'll be there for Shellac Attack!

Just be careful with this thinking - it is not a coloured gel in the true sense of the word - you cannot make an extension edge with it.

It is better to think of it as a nail colour taken to the next level of longevity.

You are right of course.

I should have phrased that better. I was looking for a coloured system for NNO only.

Bet customs choose tutti frutti. They look the type.

I ain't surprised, they have "play with me" all over them...at The Event we were all touching, playing and stroking the new lamps when we were supposed to be listening....:lol:...then when GMG said we would all be getting one...well you can imagine...the room just exploded with JOY :D

I ain't surprised, they have "play with me" all over them...at The Event we were all touching, playing and stroking the new lamps when we were supposed to be listening....:lol:...then when GMG said we would all be getting one...well you can imagine...the room just exploded with JOY :D
I went all goose bumps when GMG said that I was so happy I could have cried..... Love it
I have had a play with a couple f colours too amazing how different they get
Ok starting from the dark one on the bottom rh side,
Fedora
Red Barroness
Wildfire
Hot Chillis
Tutti Frutti
Tropix
Rosebud
Romantique
Negligee
Cream Puff
Romantique and Cream puff
Negligee and Cream puff
Fedora base and Red Baroness
Fedora base and Hot chillis
Fedora base and Negligee
Wildfire base and Negligee
Wildfire base, Fedora and Creampuff mixed together over top
Tutti Frutti base and Negligee
Tropics base and Romantique
Hot Chillis Base and Negligee
HTH

Jen xxx

Attachments

• 04052010940.jpg
    04052010940.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 4,039
Last edited:
I have just done my first client using Shellac over her enhancements (Akzentz buff off)....she loved the shine and finish and it all went on fine. Will report back in 3 weeks when she returns for her rebalance...:)

Shellacked my first client today - over natural nails.

She went for Tutti-Frutti.

Was amazed at how much nicer they looked than normal nail polish and was scared to touch them after.

I asked her to bang them on the nail desk & she looked at me as if I had two heads lol!

I insisted & she did it, cautiously, then again and was amazed they did not mark :)

Will report in a week or two.

Just something else i thought i would mention....although this isn't a gel but it does behave like a soak off gel...it doesn't feel like one....what i mean is that rubbery feel that some soak off gels have...and that feeling you get when trying to file it...well Shellac files beautifully and does not have that rubbery feel at all. I know you soak off Shellac but for those (like me) who are using it on top of a buff off enhancement system...you can just file off the Shellac as you would during the rebalance as normal.

I am liking the look of the new Shellac for the few natural nail clients I still have. I do quite a bit of hand applied nail art to these clients who prefer a natural manicure.

With Shellac, would you apply the Shellac and top coat plus cure before applying any nail art then add a top coat such as Supershiny to secure any nailart that I applied?

I have been looking at the cost of the small salon kit which looks pretty good value but I was wondering about the nail wipes to remove the product, they come in packs of 10 or 100 wipes on the SS website, would you need the 10 wipe pack for each set of Shellac you removed or would this size of pack remove 10 x Shellac clients if you see what I mean?

I can't seem to see the cost of the new lamp on the site, but I still have a very good Brisa lamp, would this be ok to use to cure the Shellec?

:)

Jen, the new lamp is extremely good value, but yes you can use your old brisa lamp, just cure your 4 fingers then your thumbs as normal x

I am liking the look of the new Shellac for the few natural nail clients I still have. I do quite a bit of hand applied nail art to these clients who prefer a natural manicure.

With Shellac, would you apply the Shellac and top coat plus cure before applying any nail art then add a top coat such as Supershiny to secure any nailart that I applied?

I have been looking at the cost of the small salon kit which looks pretty good value but I was wondering about the nail wipes to remove the product, they come in packs of 10 or 100 wipes on the SS website, would you need the 10 wipe pack for each set of Shellac you removed or would this size of pack remove 10 x Shellac clients if you see what I mean?

I can't seem to see the cost of the new lamp on the site, but I still have a very good Brisa lamp, would this be ok to use to cure the Shellec?

:)

That's exactly what was said Jen, do the whole Shellac application & topcoat, cure and then wipe, then do your nail art as you've just said.

A pack of 10 Shellac removal wraps removes 10 fingernails - 1 client
A pack of 100 Shellac removal wraps will do 10 clients.

Can someone clarify...im sure they said at the event that in the new lamp using Shellac you can cure the whole hand in one go but if using brisa you still need to cure 4 fingers and the thumb seperately? x Also when putting on top of a gel enhancement or an L & P enhancement...what sort of surface must it be applied to...i.e 180 grit surface? I think I remember them saying you dont use a base coat over enhancements? x

Can someone clarify...im sure they said at the event that in the new lamp using Shellac you can cure the whole hand in one go but if using brisa you still need to cure 4 fingers and the thumb seperately? correct...x Also when putting on top of a gel enhancement or an L & P enhancement...what sort of surface must it be applied to...i.e 180 grit surface? i would have thought that as Shellac adheres to natural nails without having to have the shine removed it would be safe to say that as long as the shine has been removed from enhancements you would be fine...I think I remember them saying you dont use a base coat over enhancements? i used the base coat around the sides and cuticle area just to be sure on my client today..x

HTH x

Ive ordered my Tutti fruity Shellac online at 5pm today no problem, my nails are enhancement free and waiting for my Shellac to arrive..think I might be running late when it arrives Thursday/Friday morning as Im sooooo not going to be able to hold myself back till I get home to try it . ;)

Latest posts

Back