Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Telly

Reaction score
Hi, I am in the process of ordering Shellac, it looks amazing!! However I would love to know if it is as easy as it says to remove or does it leave alot behind to scrape off! Thank you.

Yes it is as easy as they say to remove :D
You do get some product that stays on the nail but (as per the videos) it comes right off with an orangewood stick and no damage is done to the natural nail, including no need for filing or buffing the nail plate whatsoever :D

I did a removal and re-Shellac this afternoon, my client had a fibreglass wrap on one of her natural nails, that came away with the Shellac and in the specified time too!

You will love Shellac....its amazing!! x

This is fantastic news, can't wait to get it, shame there's a delay in getting the stock at CND, I have clients that are desperate to try it!!

Hi, I am in the process of ordering Shellac, it looks amazing!! However I would love to know if it is as easy as it says to remove or does it leave alot behind to scrape off! Thank you.
Hi, I have been doing Shellac for 5 weeks and I have not had to use an orange stick on the hand yet but I have for the feet(I think thats because its on for more than 2 weeks.) :D

You will love Shellac....its amazing!! x
Yes I agree although it not very amazing when they sell out of top coat and you cant do any until the end of June when the next shipment comes into the UK. Bad business CND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Totally agree - what is the point of all the marketing and hype when the product isn't even available because CND can't get their logistics organised? :sad:

Yes I agree although it not very amazing when they sell out of top coat and you cant do any until the end of June when the next shipment comes into the UK. Bad business CND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Totally agree - what is the point of all the marketing and hype when the product isn't even available because CND can't get their logistics organised? :sad:
How can it be bad business when there's been more interest in the product than initially expected?

Could it be looked upon as bad business by those technicians who didn't plan well and didn't order enough stock in the first place?

You can't blame nail techs, people are not going to buy large quantities of a new product on their first order, most people want to try it out first by buying a small amount. Then if they like it buy more.

CND is a large company that should be able to do better, they have always had problems with things being out of stock - this is nothing new!!!

i bought the shellac kit weeks ago and its sitting usless because cnd uv light is outa stock !!!!! :sad:

I totally I agree Im currently trying to order shellac too and have clients waiting patiently for me to get it in.
I moved over to nsi liquid + powder due to cnd having stock problems around 4 years ago.
Love the products but dissapointed in cnd as a business.

I wonder whos next to bring out a similar product to shellac??? as i have noticed companies advertising similar stuff to minx.

Gelish by Harmony is apparently very similar and people on here seem to like it, CND will lose out to this if there stock problems persist.

How can it be bad business when there's been more interest in the product than initially expected?

Could it be looked upon as bad business by those technicians who didn't plan well and didn't order enough stock in the first place?
I understand that the launch was better than expected but to say that we should have ordered more of a product we have not yet tried out ..,. What? No i dont think so!
Posted via Mobile Device

I love shellac and it is easy to remove, just tested this on myself first and it did last for two week. Just did Dashing Diva with the shellac to today on my self but a few of the tips look like my free edge is smudge. I know I need a steady hand when applying Dashing Diva which is not that hard but if this happen again is there any way I can remove the little smudge before adding Shellac. Sorry to gate crash this thread but I have 3 sets to do tomorrow.

Thanks

I have never had a problem purchasing from CND, I buy in bulk as it is more cost effective and less faffing around ordering every so often. CND are renowned for being the leaders in nail care, for a good reason, you can bet your bottom dollor that a product like shellac is going to be good.

Where are you guys ordering from? you have your distrubuters s2, ellisons, and fingertips and also your educators whom may have stock, I know the lovely julia moran in leigh, and shiobhan, are always happy to take my order as opposed to me ringing s2.

I am sorry but CND are not a global brand for nothing, they win hands down in terms of customer service, and their products live up to the reviews, I have never come across a company whom are so passionate for there customers, (us nail techs) and believe in thier products 100%, there educators are second to none as is there education,,,,,So please please give cnd s2 a ring and im sure they will be happy to try and solve your problems or explain why shellac is sooooo popular at the minute.

xxx

Chanel particuliere, is sold out I can't for love nor money get me mitts on a bottle,,,,tut tut chanel lol;);),,,,,,,Addidas are sold out of the new PT's....tut tut;) get my drift

Hi I haven't had a problem ordering form sweetsquared, always next day delivery and to be honest didn't give a second thought to ordering all the shellac with lamp and extra top and base coat as I sooooo trust in CND and I know if there is a problem I can call and all would sorted, Shellac hasn't let me down and I didn't think it would either, lurve lurve lurve it lol n no I don't work for CND lol just trust in CND and haven't looked back since I converted :)

Chanel particuliere, is sold out I can't for love nor money get me mitts on a bottle,,,,tut tut chanel lol;);),,,,,,,Addidas are sold out of the new PT's....tut tut;) get my drift

I think that's a bit different to be honest. In the cases you mention, Chanel and Adidas are marketing niche, seasonal fashion products, designed to be limited in availability to cause a stir.

CND have created a lot of hype about Shellac, and nail techs love it. Customers are aware of it, and so it would benefit everybody (manufacturer, distributer, techs, customers) if quantities were always available.

Dear All –
A few of you have asked the question ‘when will Sweet Squared have more Shellac and more NEW CND UV Lamps on stock?’

Let me first answer by saying that CND, like us, are experiencing extremely high demand for this product as Shellac is an outright hit! Our order number two is in ‘process’ and S2 will be airing this into the UK which is faster than shipping because we want it soonest to satisfy our customers’ needs. It is here and will be on-stock shortly.

We are on email / phone with our CND partners every day but the entire globe has gone Shellac Insane. We are very fortunate and privileged in our relationship with CND and they try to get our orders out to us as quickly as possible.

We want to have it here for you now but we are beholden to how fast CND can make it and remember Shellac colours are made individually – it is not bought off the shelf (hence why there aren’t 50 colours to begin with) – CND make and create it and I know that they have been burning the midnight oil trying to create as much for demand as possible. We are hoping that our order number two and three are here in the next week but we cannot guarantee this – as I say - this is what we are desperately hoping and striving for!

I am explaining this because we need your help and understanding as to why we may be out of stock of certain colours and also the lamps. Lamps literally flew off the shelves in the month of May and we bought in hundreds!! We have since placed orders for July, August and September and hopefully by September things may be calmer and supply more consistent as Shellac settles down for everyone.

Let me once more reiterate that we are all doing everything in our power to get both supply of Shellac & Lamps here in the UK as fast as possible. Bare with us and enjoy the ride – this product is changing lives in the salon!

We have since placed orders for July, August and September and hopefully by September things may be calmer and supply more consistent as Shellac settles down for everyone.

Just in time for the new colours when the world will get Shellac fever again! :lol:

Latest posts

Back