Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missymeesh

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

Just a quick question! Today ive ordered the CND lamp and the shellac products to get started and im super excited!!! :) Ive found a thread on here which is step by step on what to do which was fab! ive also watched a video clip on utube which was a big help too but i cant seem to find anything that shows you what to do if you adding tips and putting Shellac over the top of them! I know im probably being really thick but once the tips are added do you buff them till there shiney then add the base coat etc?? Im pretty new to nails so sorry if im asking something that i should probably know!!! xx

You can use Shellac over tips and yes, you would just remove the shine from the tips after blending.

But just remember, Shellac is really a hybrid polish and not meant as an enhancement product, so they would only be classed as weekend nails/occasional nails.

I've done this myself and they've lasted more than a week, but on a client who was in anyway heavy handed, I'd say they'd only last a few days.

HTHs

You can use Shellac over tips and yes, you would just remove the shine from the tips after blending.

But just remember, Shellac is really a hybrid polish and not meant as an enhancement product, so they would only be classed as weekend nails/occasional nails.

I've done this myself and they've lasted more than a week, but on a client who was in anyway heavy handed, I'd say they'd only last a few days.

Hi
Thanks so much for that! :) i didnt know it wouldnt last 2 wks if they had tips on so thats saved me later flapping when they are coming back after a few days saying there coming off!!! Can i just double check that with the base and top coat your covering the whole nail and not leaving a gap like you would a normal polish? xx

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, just apply the base coat... cure for 10 secs

Then if you want to do french, I would apply a layer of Negligee, cure 2 mins

A layer of cream puff.. cure 2 mins and either another layer of negligee and top coat or just top coat.

When I did mine I very gently removed the shine from my natural nails (I wouldn't normally do this with Shellac as you don't need to buff the natural nail)

Then I did a layer of base and 2 layers of top coat.

I wanted them to look very natural and they did, nobody realised they were tips, they were fab... I think I got about 10 days out of them.

You couldn't charge a client though for enhancements .. you could only charge them for a weekend set of nails.

Yes, just apply the base coat... cure for 10 secs

Then if you want to do french, I would apply a layer of Negligee, cure 2 mins

A layer of cream puff.. cure 2 mins and either another layer of negligee and top coat or just top coat.

When I did mine I very gently removed the shine from my natural nails (I wouldn't normally do this with Shellac as you don't need to buff the natural nail)

Then I did a layer of base and 2 layers of top coat.

I wanted them to look very natural and they did, nobody realised they were tips, they were fab... I think I got about 10 days out of them.

You couldn't charge a client though for enhancements .. you could only charge them for a weekend set of nails.

I cant wait to try this! im like a kid waiting for Xmas! I dont know if your allowed to ask this but how much do you charge for the Shellac with & without tips? im pretty new to nails and theres not many places around me offers it so i just need a rough idea on what to charge!? i also got the Brisa gel so i can do the french tips as thats what most people have asked me for so far xx

Latest posts

Back