Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

celebalook

Reaction score
I have done my 3rd set of shellac on my mums fingers, she was originally a nail biter 6 weeks ago and they have grown and i have even clipped them down lol.
I put her blackpool on with a bit of foil as in finger nail fixer on youtube. she rang on Mondy to say does Shellac shrink? because her shellac looks like it has shrunk but only fro the cuticle bit(which i would normally say is regrowth). however i checked her nails yesterday Thursday (6 days after application) and it looks like she has had them on 2 weeks with the growth from the cuticle.
I am not familiar with shrinkage as i am not a nail tech but a beauty therapist who does Shellac etc. If it was shrinkage wouldn't it have shrunk from the side walls and free edge as well?
sorry i can't upload a photo, not sure how to transfer from my blackberry:mad:
i have read other forums where people speak of shrinkage please could someone define shrinkage as when it happens with Shellac, opi gel or other simular products although i know Shellac is a one kind :biggrin: so don't go shouting at me.

Shrinkage doesn't happen with shellac if applied properly to a well prepared nail. However it is a Bain of traditional gels that can shrink up to 20%
but as you say (rightfully) it would be from all edges ...

It sounds more like her nails are still growing fast (as nail biters actually do) and that with a bold colour like black this is more noticeable.

Hths

Thank you, i did tell her nails grow quicker when you have been a nail biter for years and also with shellac that accelerates it (lucky for her)

Latest posts

Back