Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronnie1234

Reaction score
What do people find the best way to look after them is?

Rubber gloves when cleaning
Trying not to itch or scratch so edge doesn't peel
Solar oil on cuticles

Tips and advise please trying to get 3 weeks out of a set

Dont clean under the nails with anything besides a nail brush and soap as sharp things can cause lifting. Solar oil twice a day. Correct removal before reapplication, no picking!! Ive also found latex gloves a horror story when it comes to shellac, top coat melts. Normal gardening or washing up gloves seem fine.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I wouldnt be telling people not to itch or scratch!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

What do people find the best way to look after them is?

Rubber gloves when cleaning
Trying not to itch or scratch so edge doesn't peel
Solar oil on cuticles

Tips and advise please trying to get 3 weeks out of a set

You posted this in Consumer, does this mean you are a client wanting to know how you can keep your Shellac in tip top condition?

If so, I don't know where you got the refraining from scratching from? Shellac can survive every day wear and tear and I even managed to lay a new bathroom floor without a single casualty on mine this last week, but would no way share that with any of my clients! I scrubbed my shower glass enclosure with limescale remover and then shower glass cleaner too and it's still tip top.

Anyway, to clients I always give a print out of aftercare which includes Solar Oiling (with one of the applications being at night) gloves when coming into contact with chemicals and if you are unlucky enough to be burdened with washing up etc. Washing hands after applying sun screen and having contact with chlorine, no picking and no using nails as tools.

If you are trying to get three weeks I would be even more on top of the oiling to prevent the risk of prolonging the removal.

Latest posts

Back