Shock Cure??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heather111

Reaction score
I'm doing a clients nails tomorrow (L&P enhancements) and she has asked if she could have a paraffin dip immediately after as her hands are extremely dry. She is getting married on Saturday and is only free tomorrow. I was planning on doing the enhancements first followed by the dip but I've read somewhere that the heat from the wax could 'shock cure' the nails which could cause cracking!! Can someone please put me on the right track. The last thing I need is to see her nails looking terrible on her big day!!

Sorry to be a pain but can anyone help????

Hi

Never heard of that one! I dont think the parafin would be hot enough!

Hi there
You sound desparate! Don't worry.
I personally have not heard of this but, logically, it could be possible if the polymerisation is speeded up. (too fast and a brittle polymer is formed) Wax is no hotter than a bath but you don't take a hot bath 5 mins after a set of nails has been applied!!

If she needs extra help with her hands and quickly why not paint the wax on with a paint brush, avoid the nails and then wrap in foil. This will avoid dipping the whole hand in the warm wax and have the same effect.

Some help I hope

Marian

I have never heard of this "shock cure" thing either. Marian has a great idea! Paint the paraffin on the hands, and avoid the finger tips. Let us know how it goes!!

A lady had this done in the salon where I work and her extensions all came off within a couple of days. If it's a wedding, I wouldn't do them on the same visit. Good luck. x

Im just wondering if they all came off because the wax was applied BEFORE the enhancements were done. The nails would be too oily for good adhesion, especially if not prepped thoroughly.

Just a thought!

I think that the idea of painting it on to avoid nails would be the best idea.

Thanks everyone. Will definately paint the wax on rather than dip!

Latest posts

Back