Shocked and disgusted

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jellytot1978

Reaction score
hi, im so shocked and horrified, im a mobile nail tech and i have been advertising in my local paper for the past few months!
Since i started i have had the odd few text messages giving me there msn contacts etc and asking me to get in touch, i have ignored all these and usually don't get a repeat text, but this morning im shocked, i recieved a picture message of a man's penis, with the words 'can you extend this nail' underneath!!!!:mad:

Now im not uptight or anything like that but im disgusted, that i cannot even advertise to do the job i love without sick people thinking this is funny or clever.

What would you do? Im seriously thinking of going to the police to report this pervert, my husband thinks i should too! Anyone else get things like this?

Report it! Its a chargeable offence!

If you ignore it they will get away with it & it's wrong! We must all stick together to stamp out this sort of behaviour.

I'm no prude either but this would have shook you up so have a hug hunny

:hug::hug::hug:

I am no expert in this field but would have to agree with your husband, call the police and see what they say as I am sure it is a criminal offence and one that they will act on.

What would you do? Im seriously thinking of going to the police to report this pervert, my husband thinks i should too! Anyone else get things like this?

No but send it to me and I'll give you my honest opinion:lol:
Seriously....the police may be able to trace it but will probably fob you off as it will mean a lot of work etc. It's worth making a report anyway.
I assume the number was withheld?:hug:

You can't withold the number on a text so post the number and he'll have a load of geeks all showing him what harrassment really looks like!

Totally agree with pink potions here. Why should he get away with it? Go to the police and stop him from doing it to others.
You poor thing, it must have been a big shock!
xxx

You can't withold the number on a text so post the number and he'll have a load of geeks all showing him what harrassment really looks like!

Well if you've got the number the police may be able to help...unless its a pay as you go throwaway phone....weirdos eh?
It's never happened to me which is probably a good job because I'd be tempted to text back "oh that looks like a penis...only smaller":eek:

hi, im so shocked and horrified, im a mobile nail tech and i have been advertising in my local paper for the past few months!
Since i started i have had the odd few text messages giving me there msn contacts etc and asking me to get in touch, i have ignored all these and usually don't get a repeat text, but this morning im shocked, i recieved a picture message of a man's penis, with the words 'can you extend this nail' underneath!!!!:mad:

Now im not uptight or anything like that but im disgusted, that i cannot even advertise to do the job i love without sick people thinking this is funny or clever.

:eek::eek: Well well well im almost speechless! :eek::eek:

Now ill be totally honest....if it was ME....after getting over my initial shock! I probably wouldnt be able to resist the temptation of texting him back and telling him that even the worlds best surgeon wouldnt be able to extend that maggot!

I dont know if id go to the police or not tbh....i definately would if i received anything else....having said that...i hope I dont offend you by saying this but id probably be creased up! (I know its not funny really) but thats just ME....I tend to laugh at everything...thinks its just my coping mechanism sometimes lol id rather do that than fret and get stressed out!

It would concern me though really....if he was a perve/prankster....I mean who knows who he could be sending it to really...he obviously doesnt! with a stroke of luck he might go and send it to the wrong person completely...like a p.o or something lol (i do wonder if the police would actually do anything about it as well)

With regards to peeps sending their msn...its a shame to lose clients...could you not text them back? Maybe its one of those that have been ignored sending you something to get a reaction!!! :eek:

I never got this kind of thing, but there was another.
The lady rang and asked me to do mani and pedi for her and her husband which was fine. I came to their place and did the job. The lady never called me after that I and have never seen her after this. But her husband did and I didn't see anything wrong :Grope:. So I came, did the job, we had a nice chat and I left. It lasted for about 4 months. Then he booked me again and after I finshed the job and was ready to leave, he started to hug me and kiss and say: "Don't you like? I know you all Eastern Europeans are easy accessible, you must like it!" I was so scared!!! I bite him and managed to get out. Was running away like a mad with all my luggage! I didn't report it to police, silly cow! I was so shocked!
I don't do men mobile anymore, no matter who's calling. If a man if calling I politely say that my service is for ladies only and advise them to go to a salon.

No but send it to me and I'll give you my honest opinion:lol:
Seriously....the police may be able to trace it but will probably fob you off as it will mean a lot of work etc. It's worth making a report anyway.
I assume the number was withheld?:hug:

No i have his number it came through with the text!

I would report it, but without any expectation that the police will do anything. I wouldn't reply to it because you are then entering into a dialogue and the chances are, they will up the anti, and send through something worse. Jmho.

Pmsl at Judy though :lol:

i am tempted to text something back refering to the size or something like that but don't think i should if im gonna go to the police, mite not look good having some kind of conversation with him.

Just think im gonna feel a complete idiot walking into a police station and trying to tell em, i think its sort of funny but im really mad about the fact this guy thinks this is an acceptable thing to do!

Totally agree with pink potions here. Why should he get away with it? Go to the police and stop him from doing it to others.
You poor thing, it must have been a big shock!
xxx

More like a little shock !!:lol:

OMG AlpenRose thats terrible! Shows how dangerous this world is...
jellytot1978
I think you should report this man. I would google the number as you no all silly pranksters like that put there mobile numbers on all kinds of sites. Then maybe have all that evdience and give it to the police as they will have to do something. They will probably fob you off if you just give them the number and say its a one off. But better to report it.
Hope your ok xxx

No way should you text back. That would be very foolish.

Could it be classed as indecent exposure?
Or sexual harassment?

i am tempted to text something back refering to the size or something like that but don't think i should if im gonna go to the police, mite not look good having some kind of conversation with him.

Just think im gonna feel a complete idiot walking into a police station and trying to tell em, i think its sort of funny but im really mad about the fact this guy thinks this is an acceptable thing to do!

look instead of worrying about what you should or shouldnt do...i suppose whether you can see the funny side or not...for the fact that he could be a perv and he could of sent that to a childs phone...why dont you just give your local police station a call now and see what they say about it. They may just take your details on the phone and say to let them know if you get anything else or they may ask you to come in and show them.....just dont laugh if they ask if you recognise it! pmsl x

Don't text him back, as tempting as it is...I would have to try very hard not to text and say that I was a man and would see what I could do!
Do report it, if this eejit texts you again, you already have an incident number on file then and it all gets lumped together to build a stronger case :)

DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES TEXT THIS PERVERT BACK!!!

You have no idea what a can of worms you open up for yourself if you do - he may even try to trace you - steer well clear & inform the police asap.

They may be able to contact the phone company and suspend this person from using that phone or something.

Don't respond to him - and fall into the trap xxxxxx

Latest posts

Back