Shocked by photos and discouraged

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bravegirl

Reaction score
I joined a Facebook group called **** ***** and feel so discourage they posted an album called **** ***** with some scary pictures of nails, and all I am here thinking is wow I could really do damage to someone's nails.

I know I am in training but that's a scary thought! I can't imagine having someone have fungus on the nails or nails break and crack a nail. I love doing nails and I am enjoying learning but now I am nervous, I no a lot of problems are do to unprofessional and DIYers but I also no mistakes do happen!

I have been the last hour searching prevention and for more information on each nail disease but its just worries me but trust me I love doing nails just those photos and thoughts are just discouraging as its your work, your art.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's the real world. I think we need to see photos like that so we are aware of what can happen if we are not responsible with our work. When I see photos like that, it makes me want to work harder to ensure I do not end up with situations like that. If you are clean, professional and follow the rules, then that should make it easier to pin point where "mistakes" could come from.

You know....I think we all worry and if we didn't worry then we should be worried about not worrying. Lol.

I worried a lot starting out but your mind will ease with time. Always work safely, clean hands and nails properly, disinfect all your tools. If you know you're doing nails following all proper precautions you'll do great.

Just out of curiosity I had to go and search that nail group you saw... Omg some of them nails are shocking! They look so painful :(

I agree with what has already been said on here.

I would say make sure you love what you do, creating great looking nails. There's nothing more of a satisfaction of doing a set of nails, them looking fab and your client loving them. Remain professional, remember your training and keep a high level of hygiene when it comes to tools etc..

Latest posts

Back