Shocked Hepatitis B and pedicure

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

feetcompany

Reaction score
A visit to the doctors today. To my amazement a poster on the wall states the activities which you may have before your holiday and could give you the virus hepatsis b. Jut thought i woul rant, we are all trying our hardest to get clients and a poster on the wall putting them. Stating tools may be contaminated, although this is not the case id you go somewhere proffessional. Really shocked!!

Opps sorry the treatment is a pesiure that is stated on poster.

A visit to the doctors today. To my amazement a poster on the wall states the activities which you may have before your holiday and could give you the virus hepatsis b. Jut thought i woul rant, we are all trying our hardest to get clients and a poster on the wall putting them. Stating tools may be contaminated, although this is not the case id you go somewhere proffessional. Really shocked!!

I know where you are coming from but I try and see it as a positive and a way to educate the public about having treatments done by professionals who use professional, sterilised, equipment. This only work however on those who rant put off of the idea totally. I think with the amount of nss and untrained people cropping up we have to use every angle possible to educate people in why these diseases are spread and how we as individuals work to eliminate cross contamination.

I don't see it as being a bad thing, we know if we don't go to a legit tattooist we can contract HIV and other nasty diseases, doesn't stop people having tattoos. People are just more savvy in insuring they go to a clean, professional salon/ studio.

I think if it educates the public into looking for a more hygienic professional salon then that's good news for us professional, hygienic people because we will pick up all the clients that have been educated about salon hygiene through these posters.

I say bring it on and reap the rewards.:green:

Where is the surprise then love? We all know it is a very contagious illness and can be passed on by the simplest things. I agree with the replies, it ought to be seen as a plus for those of us that do the job correctly with the correct sterilisation procedures in place.

Yes I agree too hep b is more contagious than HIV and the virus can live on unsterilised surfaces and instruments for hours and highly contagious, nothing to fear if surfaces, hands, implements are cleaned and sterilised correctly :)

Latest posts

Back