Shocking!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SallyGirlJojo

Reaction score
oh my goodness, what a day i've had! as you all know by my username i work at sallys and i don't mind helping people out with little questions they have on nails and stuff...anywayyyyyyyys...this lady came in and asked for some acrylic liquid, so I asked her what system she was currently using as its not advised at all to mix between brands..she replied abruptly 'WELL MY NAIL TECH SAID I COULD USE ANY' i could see this was not going to go well...

so...i happyly showed her our brands we do...went back behind the till..she then asked if we did sets OF L+P together, so i pointed to them ...which she did NOT like ...'HOW THE F*** CAN I SEE WHICH ONES YOUR POINTING AT FROM THERE!??!?!?' (i was a step behind her!) anyway..she left saying it was 'TOO F***ING EXPENSIVE AND YOUR F***KING IGNORANT'

i was so shocked i just had to tell you geeks!! i mean the cheek of coming into buy it anyway when she don't have a clue.......!

This is the reason imo only professionals should be able to buy professional products.
I was behind a lady the other day buying eyelash tint asking the lady at the counter how to tint her eyelashes, she could blind herself.

i know it is awful...its bad i really dont agree with the idea of sallys at all, selling prof stuff to the unknowing public...which is a bit bad from an employee but i'm in the trade too so i suppose i'm a massive contradiction! xx

Just let her buy them all mate...she'll regret it soon enough. It's called throwing good money after bad.
This is the problem with Sallys although I do find it handy if I run out of rhinestones etc.
No-one asked me when I bought wax strips and took half the skin from my lip off.....you may have guessed...I'm not a trained waxer!!

Just let her buy them all mate...she'll regret it soon enough. It's called throwing good money after bad.
This is the problem with Sallys although I do find it handy if I run out of rhinestones etc.
No-one asked me when I bought wax strips and took half the skin from my lip off.....you may have guessed...I'm not a trained waxer!!

ouchhhy!!!! poor judy! hope your lip was ok in the end! but it does show what can happen if your not properly trained :eek:...we'll soon be seeing everyone with jelly-fied nails and red raw scalps from their 'professional' home job! eeek! xx

ouchhhy!!!! poor judy! hope your lip was ok in the end! but it does show what can happen if your not properly trained :eek:...we'll soon be seeing everyone with jelly-fied nails and red raw scalps from their 'professional' home job! eeek! xx

Yes, but so many clients that we have to put right in these situations eh? So they spend more money in the long run. They don't always realise this.
In my defense I only did because my beautician was on holiday...how dare she?!:lol:

Yes, but so many clients that we have to put right in these situations eh? So they spend more money in the long run. They don't always realise this.
In my defense I only did because my beautician was on holiday...how dare she?!:lol:

:eek::Scared: NOOO! how rude!! :lol: i have to tell so many people to go to a salon to get their hair professionally dyed, they think i have all the answers (i'm only qualifed level2 beauty!) and they think i know hair back to front...i'm like..JUST GO TO A SALON FOR YOUR OWN GOOD DONT TAKE ADVISE FROM ME!! i'm running the whole hairdressing and beauty economy by telling everyone to go to a pro...:lol: *teehee*

i really cant quite get my head round why they dont just do trade only , suppose it comes down to money :confused:

Totally agree that the public shouldn't be able to buy . . .

whatever, there's NO excuse for what she said to you. How dare she? :mad: Some people are just plain ignorant and should be banned from all shops :lol:

Latest posts

Back